My jerky recipe...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jonboat

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 8, 2010
Upstate NY
have used it on goose and venison, and it's yummy.

5 lbs ground meat
1/4 C soy sauce
1/8 C Worcester sauce
1/8C water
2 tsp Liquid Smoke
2 TBS salt
2tsp black pepper
2TBS onion powder
2TBS garlic powder

Place meat in a large glass bowl
Mix all the sauces & spices together then pour over the ground meat
Mix the marinade thoroughly into the meat by hand (like mixing up meatloaf)
refrigerate for 2 hours to marinade

Now, if you have a jerky shooter, load it up and squirt the strips onto the trays of your dehydrator.
The way I did it before I had a jerky gun was to roll the meat out between 2 sheets of wax paper with a rolling pin so that it's approximately 1.4" thick, then cut into strips.

Run in the dehydrator for 8-10 hours until a strip cracks when you bend it. It'll have the same consistency as the Slim Jim brand beef jerky.

To insure there is no resident bacteria, I pile them on a cookie sheet and stick them in a 175 degree oven for 30 minutes.

Allow to cool before packaging in a zip-lock or jar so that there is no condensation. Enjoy!!!!

These will keep well for a week or so at room temp, for up to a month in the fridge (if they last that long) or indefinitely in the freezer.
Never lasts more than a week in our house!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky