My intro,total greenhorn, new to the site and new to smoking!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shatteredsoul76

Original poster
Jun 27, 2016
Ive been lurking around the site this past week and figured it was time to create an account and make an official intro. My names Jake, Im 39 and live in Portland TN. Ive always enjoyed smoked meats and have wanted some sort of smoker for the past few years but just put it off, not sure why though. Last week I finally ordered an electric smoker made by char-broil.

As soon as it arrived I quickly flipped through the instruction booklet and proceeded to season it. After that I injected a boston butt with plain apple juice,applied mustard, and rubbed it down with a quick rub recipe I found online, wrapped it and into the fridge for an overnight flavor party. I woke up the next morning and did a 12 hour smoke, pulled it out,wrapped it and into the cooler for 4 hours, after than it pretty much fell apart with ease and tasted just as good as any I have had. I was really happy and excited at the same time,the wife approved as well. Next up Ill try my hand at a smoked meatloaf!  Im glad I found the site and look forward to learning from what I consider the pros,smoke on!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky