My Hungarian Smoke Sausage Recipe

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by bb53chevpro, Jan 30, 2008.

1. bb53chevpro

bb53chevpro Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I tried to upload the Excel file, but it is too large. So I had to Zip it. Because of this I created a picture just to show what it looks like and how simple it is to use. All you have to do is enter one value (the total amount wanting to make in lbs.) The spread sheet will do the rest.

And of coarse, like any other recipe, it can be taylored to you personal taste.
    There are formulas inside this Excel file (hidden) I have created to do the calculations. If you are familiar with Excel and want to change it, feel free to do so.
    If anyone does try this recipe, please let me know what you think, whether it is good, bad, or the ugly.
    ENJOY.
    Andy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Could you e-mail the file? It would definitely be interesting. Keith

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see the link at the bottom.

3. white cloud

white cloud Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I didn't want to ask for your recipe, it looked like a family secret. Thanks for sharing. Now off to try and figure that excell out. I messed with it a couple years ago and made a couple formulas to help me some jobs I had.

4. bb53chevpro

There is no messin around in Excel needed. I have made it simple. Type in one value and rest will be calculated for you.[​IMG]

5. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Mac guy. Send a 10 lb if ya would, curious how it matches mine :{) I notice no cure...

6. bb53chevpro

That's correct, no cure. Myself and my Father have never added cure into it.

7. bb53chevpro

Richtee, is there another way for me to give this to you?

8. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Text... I can't do excel... just a 10 or whatever lb recipe ya got handy... will pm my email, or it's here unde rmy profile

9. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Thanks.... I have added this to my recipe file. Great program you made.

Kookie

10. bb53chevpro

MY BAD.....
    Sorry, I forgot to mention a few details.
    1- with this recipe, I only cold smoke
    2- you will see that I use "Sea Salt". This is because it has less sodium in it over regular table salt. If you choose to use regular salt, let me suggest that you use less to start, once mixed, cook up a pattie in a frying pan to taste. Adjust if needed.
    Again, sorry about that.
    Andy.

11. would you mind sending me the excel spreadsheet

12. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

This is a 10 year old post. I am not sure any of these guys participate on SMF any more. I would not expect an answer...Sorry...JJ

13. So I'm having some trouble with my Hungarian sausage. It seem something it's good but not there so I started with 10 pounds of pork and about 2 lbs of pork fat and about 65g sweet paprika 1 head of garlic and black pepper some salt and caraway seed and cure 1 then cold smoked about 16 hours in two 8 he smokes and hung to dry. Now it's got good flavor but something is missing for sure. Any suggestions?