My homemade weedeater (for the veggie garden)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 2, 2007
Oklahoma
I know it's early, but my seed catalogs are here and I am ready for spring.

I do not know if many of you live in the country, here's a way to weed that works for me.

Last edited:
Thanks glued and Homebrew.
That is an old picture though....I have painted the coop since then.

Thanks RIP!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

I have some active border collies that love to herd the roosters around the farm. lol

In the fall I let the pigs into the garden to eat any leftovers and work up the ground.
Then I clean out the barns and place wheel barrel loads of spent straw/manure into the garden.
I sprinkle the tops of the piles with grain and turn the chickens in.
The girls scratch and fling the piles of straw all over the garden trying to dig up more grain..................SO I do not have to spread it around myself.
biggrin.gif

Now that's Cowboy
icon_redface.gif
I mean Cowgirl ingenuity
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Of course I do wonder if your breaking any Labor laws by using your Chickens like that. Don't let a politician find out, he'll spend millions on a study and then pass a law against it

PDT_Armataz_01_14.gif
...I should have used baling wire on it.

I won't work them too hard....I promise. :)

Thank you Smokeys! I've always liked using pvc, it's so easy to work with.
What I'd like to do is grow bamboo......Hmmmm, then I'd have a never ending supply.
icon_smile.gif

Naa....chicken fertilizer is too hot when it's fresh. I use aged manure.
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

HawgHeaven, that's the sweetest thing anyone's said to me in a long time....
icon_mrgreen.gif
LOL!!

Thanks Debi!
icon_smile.gif

Maybe you could sneak in a couple of hens.....no roosters though, they crow all day.

Naw it'd never fly! I had some rabbits, first 2, then 8, then 20+ - it was perfect as rabbit is my favorite meat. The neighbors kids used to watch them hop around and life was good. One day I clubbed a few for dinner and he heard it screach and turned me in for animal abuse. The town says only 2 max and they can't be for eatting that would make it "livestock.". What else would you raise a rabbit for?
confused.gif

To turn it/them loose in your neighbor's yard and see what they did with it...
tongue.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky