My first time at fattie ;)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dohie

Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Well this is my first time making a fattie this evening. After spending some time reading others post on the subject I decided what the hell now or never. I made two fatties exactly the same since I had a ton of pizza stuff.

I didn't get a chance to take pics of the prep, but here is the final pics after pulling off the smoker at about 172 and resting about 10mins.

I am looking forward to making some other things that I have seen people try and also learning more about smoking. O y eah btw, used pecan wood. If anyone knows where to get some deals on wood in WA state, please let me know, man this stuff is hard to find in the Seattle area.

Good job, they look great!!!

Nice, I may try one later today how long did it take to cook?

I want to say just under 3hrs, hard to say because I was drinking and playing darts and lost track of time. Although I picked up one of those wireless meat thermo's and just set it for 170 and would check the fire every now then until the wireless deal started beeping and pulled.

ahhh yes the pizza fatty, a great icon in fatty lore. one of my favs!!! i like can bacon w/pineapple. geat job!!!

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Job well done. Great looking grub.

Wow, nice looking fatty! I understand your happiness.... I made my first a coupla weekends ago and my kids can't get enough of them. Gobble them down like potato chips, but that's okay. They're early teenagers and thin as a rail, so let 'em eat what they want, I say! Two more fatties on the smoker today along with the 10 lb rump roast.

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Rivet; Good job and Happy Smoke Rings from just up the road in Sedalia, MO. I liked those fatties and admire the roll-up work. Keep them coming and from a former high school teacher; just ask the teenagers "How should I be doing this better?" Trick them in to making fatties and letting you supervise. ( I quickly learned while teaching to make some mistakes on the blackboard and while getting laughed at; getting students to show me how to do it right?) Enjoy this from another Dad.
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky