my first teriyaki wings.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dannylang

Master of the Pit
Original poster
looked on the internet for a good restaurant terikaki sauce recipe and found this

1/4 cup soy sauce

1 cup water

1/2 tsp ground ginger

1/4 tsp garlic powder

5 tbsp brown sugar

1-2 tbsp honey

2 tbsp corn starch

1/4 cup cold water

mix all ingredients together, besides corn starch. and 1/4 cup of water.xtart heating on stove. then mix corn starch and cold water in another cup and

pour in. heat until desired thickness.

so i made sauce, put wings and sauce in a gallon ziplock, overnight
seasoned them with some good old tonys
put them on the old trusty smoker, at the desired temp. using sugar maple wood, i did not want a lot of smoke in the wings.

smoked them until internal temp was 165. then pulled them things off, and put on the feed bag.

fellows you need to try this recipe. i am hear to tell you them wings are GOOOOOD.

Reactions: tropics
drool.gif

They look GREAT!

Happy smoken.

David

Those look great, I see Tony's in the background,  It's an everyday staple at our house, use it on Everything     Good Job

Gary

I'm from Hawaii and that far too little sugar.   When we make a Teriyaki sauce the ratio is 1 part soy sauce to 1 part sugar and garlic and ginger to taste.  For a Korean Kalbi sauce add green onion and sesame seed oil and roasted sesame seeds.

I'm from Hawaii and that far too little sugar.   When we make a Teriyaki sauce the ratio is 1 part soy sauce to 1 part sugar and garlic and ginger to taste.  For a Korean Kalbi sauce add green onion and sesame seed oil and roasted sesame seeds.

Where you from brah? I'm in double k town!

The Recipe above is more of a marinade than a sauce IMO. It also uses honey in place of some sugar. For a teri sauce I.do soy, sugar and water in equal parts with ginger and garlic. For a marinade I use half as much sugar...

For a Korean style sauce I put what you mention and also add some spice. Ko chu jang preferably!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky