My first Spare Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wvsmokeman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 17, 2006
West Virginia
Well, after much reading and drooling over smoked rib pictures, I decided it was time to create this delicacy for myself! I needed a guide so I'm using the 3-2-1 method. As of now, I'm in the "2" stage and I'm munching on some skirt meat as I write and it is delicious! Wish me luck and I'll post some pics of the finished product.(If I can keep the hands away long enough to snap a shot!)

Way to go Wvsmokeman, look forward to the outcome
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Here is a pic of the ribs fresh from the smoker. They came out pretty good for my first batch, tender and juicy and extremely yummy. I do need to get a rib rack to make the job a little easier. Thanks to all on the SMF for the pre-posted help. Without you guys, this wouldn't have turned out as good!

Those ribs look so good it might be illegal to post a pic like that! Well done, friend!

Cheers!

Howdy from Montana, question, I see the meat shrunk back from the bone ends quite aways on yours and others ribs. Mine don't do that. I cook at 200 to 225 for 4 to six hours and never get the pull back (ok, maybe just a little bit). They are plenty done and good, it just don't look right. Any good ideas? I thank you. TC

BigArm's, I used the 3-2-1 method which involves foiling the ribs in the middle of the cooking. You can check it out under the how to articles and links by Jeff on the left side of the web page. There have also been successful modified versions of the 3-2-1 method that others have posted about on the forums. Good Smoking!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky