My first Spare Ribs

Discussion in 'Pork' started by wvsmokeman, Apr 29, 2007.

1. wvsmokeman

wvsmokeman Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Well, after much reading and drooling over smoked rib pictures, I decided it was time to create this delicacy for myself! I needed a guide so I'm using the 3-2-1 method. As of now, I'm in the "2" stage and I'm munching on some skirt meat as I write and it is delicious! Wish me luck and I'll post some pics of the finished product.(If I can keep the hands away long enough to snap a shot!)

2. bbq bubba

bbq bubba Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Way to go Wvsmokeman, look forward to the outcome[​IMG]

3. wvsmokeman

Here is a pic of the ribs fresh from the smoker. They came out pretty good for my first batch, tender and juicy and extremely yummy. I do need to get a rib rack to make the job a little easier. Thanks to all on the SMF for the pre-posted help. Without you guys, this wouldn't have turned out as good!

4. wvsmokeman

For some reason the pic didn't upload...lets try again
    [​IMG]

5. hillbillysmoker

hillbillysmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

They look delicious WVsmokeman. Way to go.

6. monty

monty Master of the Pit Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Those ribs look so good it might be illegal to post a pic like that! Well done, friend!

Cheers!

7. teacup13

teacup13 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

those look very tasty.... good job[​IMG]

8. t-bone tim

t-bone tim Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Very nice !! way to go vw ....Hmmmmmm whats next ? [​IMG]

9. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Looks great Smokeman! There's something almost primal about sitting in front of a huge platter of smoked ribs [​IMG]

10. bigarm's smokin

bigarm's smokin Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Howdy from Montana, question, I see the meat shrunk back from the bone ends quite aways on yours and others ribs. Mine don't do that. I cook at 200 to 225 for 4 to six hours and never get the pull back (ok, maybe just a little bit). They are plenty done and good, it just don't look right. Any good ideas? I thank you. TC

11. wvsmokeman

BigArm's, I used the 3-2-1 method which involves foiling the ribs in the middle of the cooking. You can check it out under the how to articles and links by Jeff on the left side of the web page. There have also been successful modified versions of the 3-2-1 method that others have posted about on the forums. Good Smoking!