My First Smoker Build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

theshark

Original poster
Mar 30, 2014
I wanted to build a smoker for a number of years but never had the time or gathered the material together. After a few years of planning in my head how I wanted to build it, I realized I had all the material kicking around (scrap) to build one. The smoker is primarily made up by a scrap air compressor tank and my old 1/4'' 4x8' plate welding table top.

I kept it in bare metal all summer in case I wanted to change anything and because it looked cool. I made the legs out of tubing the would accept scaffold wheels and it made it very portable. I brought it around to many off site barbecues with friends and family and it has been a great success.

Now summer is officially over so I removed its wheels, gave it a paint job and parked it in the back yard.

Looks good..... Nice build.... I s'pose it cooks great.... or you would have said something... :biggrin: Thumbs Up

Looks good..... Nice build.... I s'pose it cooks great.... or you would have said something...
biggrin.gif
icon14.gif
Thanks, it really does cook great. I'm amazed at how well it draws, even with the CC door open most of the smoke is still drawn out the chimney. It also has fairly even cooking temps in the CC. I have put about 100 racks through it this summer and I learn a little something new every time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky