My First Smoke (Tri-Tip) with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hp409ss

Original poster
Dec 29, 2009
Boise Idaho
Well I got my first smoke under my belt. I decided to do one of my favorite cuts of meat a Tri-Tip. Tip was smoked in a MES at 225 till it hit the 145 mark then it was covered and sat in the oven for 20 min at 275. I used a combo of hickory and apple chips for the first 90 min. Here is some pics...

All Dressed up and ready to smoke....

Ready to be cut into....

Cut in half and the cut against the grain...

Real moist but no ring...

On a garlic role with peeper jack cheese and bbq sauce.

All and all it turned out really well, there is none left so my family and neighborer loved it. Had a good smoke flavor and way better than on a grill. I cant wait to try something else.

Nice looking Tri Tip. That is one of my favorite cuts of beef. I'm sure the smoking will get better, welcome to the "habit".

Charlie

Really? Your first ever? Nice job. Looks juicy and everyone liked it.

points.gif
for a successful first smoke!

Thanks! yea never in a smoker, I have done make shift smokes with my gas weber grill but never with a smoker. I can't wait to try something else.

Great Q on your first Tri Tip, congrats.

GREAT pics HP409ss, if eatin is as good as lookin then you got a winner!

Also welcome to the MES club

MES Making it Easy to Smoke your meat

Great looking tri tip. I bought one yesterday and it goes on the smoker tomorrow. Lots of snow in Boise today so I think I have it timed just right.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky