My first smoke - spare ribs with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

elliott1977

Original poster
Jul 2, 2011
I smoked some ribs today using a smoker for the first time.  Everyone loved them, except for me.  My wife always says I'm too hard on myself when it comes to cooking.  They were good, but not as fall off the bone tender as I had hoped.  I think maybe the temp may have been off, because the thermometer on my Masterbuilt propane said the temp was around 275 most of the time, even though I had the burner as low as it could possibly go.  I do need to get a separate thermometer to put in the smoker.  Anyway, here is a pic of my first smoke.  
273099_2216372212038_1329580842_32566911_2175714_o.jpg

Did you do a 2-2-1??

Looks good for the first time out!!

Craig

Looks good to me, especially for a first timer. ya really need a good thermo at grate level, it will really make a big difference.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky