My first smoke and a bunch of Qview!!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lucc

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 4, 2009
NJ
I just want to thank everyone for giving me some excellent info, this is a great informative site!!!
Now, enough with the mushy stuff, let's talk smoke!
Decided last week I was going to give my little smoker a workout on Saturday at the parents beach house in Wildwood Crest, NJ. Bought 3 full racks of pork ribs and a 4# boneless pork tenderloin. Prepared them Friday night and rubbed them down with Stubb's bbq rub. The next morning I made some mods to the little smoker and was ready to go at 10:15am.
PDT_Armataz_01_25.gif

You can see I put the legs on the outside and constructed legs for the charcoal pan in below pic.
Charcoal started in chimney and put in the charcoal pan with hickory chips wrapped in foil, meat and spray ready to go:

Smoker ready, ribs go on:

Got a bit windy so up went the NY Giant easy up tent with a side to block the wind. Used Kingsford Hickory briquettes:

Caught my dad in this pic with his VO on ice and a bottle of Maalox, he was getting prepared.
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

The pork loin went in at 12pm and I was sprayed every hour with a mixture of Captain Morgan Tattoo and apple juice. I had a bunch of Captain Morgan left over so I started drinking at 11am, can't let it go to waste!!

This is at 1pm, ribs starting to look good and pork loin getting some color:

I was impressed with the little guy, kept temp pretty good. Went through 2 water pans of apple juice and Captain Morgan. Had a huge amount of condensation as you can see in the above and below pic:

Ribs were wrapped in foil around 2pm then unwrapped at 4pm when the pork loin hit 170. I then hit everything with some Stubbs Smokey Mesquite BBQ sauce, let it smoke another 15 minutes then onto the tray. They looked awesome, everyone's mouths were watering. The neighbor grabbed his camera and took some pics of the whole day. All these pics were from my LG Dare cell!

The thin blue smoke!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_25.gif

Now for the good pics!

Nothing was left, found out my three little nieces love ribs.
It was a great day, had everyone hanging out on the front porch drinking and listening to some music. There were many jealous people that passed on their way to the beach.
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif

Nice looking smoke there. Also Great tent
PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif

Dang LUCC!! Im going to have to pay you a visit. Women in bikinis, great ribs what else could you want out of life ? You will die a happy man
cool.gif

Smoking ribs by the beach > smoking ribs anywhere else

Yeah, we had a awesome time smokin', drinkin' and watchin' the honeys go by in bikinis wishin' they had some of my meat!
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

All in all I was extremely impressed with this little smoker and so was everyone else. Ribs had to be cut in half just to fit on the grate.
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

Now I'm gonna have to buy a Smokin' Pro or something bigger/better for home.

icon_biggrin.gif

I've been addictied to BBQ since I can remember, just never smoked it myself. Now everything else is going to seem crappy unless smoked by me, another smoking hobbyist or a pro.

Thanks, it was good having everyting pork because the digital thermo was in the tenderloin so when that was done everything was.
icon_biggrin.gif

I already have an order in for July 4th down there. A bunch of people are coming down and staying at my sister's place and my parents house.

Looks nice, like the little smoker.

Wildwood, NJ ??? Growing up we had a house in Avalon, I spent many nites on the WW Boardwalk! Memories
icon_mrgreen.gif

Yeah, it's not bad for something at the beach house(s).
Nice, been going to Wildwood since I was a thought.
cool.gif

Wow. That all looks great. And best pictures I've ever seen off a camera phone. That thing worked well too.

I was a little concerened when I saw all that meat piled on top of each other. I figured it'd never hold temp or cook evently. But it looks and sounds like everything went well.

Points for a great smoke and a great weekend.

Very nice job! Congrats on the first smoke . . . excellent smoke rings! Wow! Thanks for the post and the q-vue.

points.gif

Best,
Trout

Awesome!

Love the street corner setting. Also yeah your nieces liking bbq, thats great, you will find kids love good bbq. My son has preferred bbq since he was 2-3 over anything else, lol.

Lastly I'm not sure its "fair" that you already know stubbs! Wish I knew him on my first smoke. lol.

Again good job and excellent pics!

-----
The world would be better if we all BBQ'D together!

Great job on everything. Great food, great smoke rings. I hope you have many more days like this....Have fun.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky