My first q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

whitepony99

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 12, 2010
Youngstown,Ohio
So I have chosen to do pulled pork as my first q-view. I will be cooking in 2 days so here it goes
7ab20b86_1007101750a.jpg

Dont worry will be updating throughout the day on Sunday, as the cook goes. I got some cherry I am thinking about that and some apple maybe I dont know yet

Looking good so far.  When doing pork I like to do a wood mix of cherry and apple.

Looks like your on the right path. What time are you starting them in the morning?

icon_cool.gif

Yes sir ree Bob thats the butt brothers. I personally like the apple with pork, or beef, or chicken, or turkey, or some bacon, maybe some chuckie, and then maybe some sausage too. I like apple on alot of things.

I'm not a pro like most guys and gals on this site but I would give myself about 15 hours for cook and rest time.

Last 2 of these I did were done in 12 and then rested for an hour, they were awesome too. I thought the first time would be 15 hours but I firmly believe every piece of meat is different so 12 to 15 remember you cook for temp not time.....then again I have only been smoking for a few months

Got a question never had this happen...........4 hours in my meat temp is 140 with the lid  closed, then I open the lid and the temp drops to 120?????????? Whats going on and I'm I safe?????

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky