My first pork Butt!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vince

StickBurners
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 14, 2008
Denham springs, LA
This is my first pork butt and I think the best tasting thing so far, 12hour smoke with hickory and some oak, I did the mustard and Jeff rub, very nice
2aba3cb0_vbattach19104.jpg

a68bb16a_vbattach19103.jpg

8193519c_vbattach19102.jpg

Great job on your first butt, Vince!!! It's such a great feeling to have created something so yummy on that smoker, it just fuels the addiction of "what's to smoke next"
biggrin.gif

Props to ya on todays results!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looks great, Vinnie!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

But it looks like you made the same mistake I did when I did my first one . . . you only did one!!
biggrin.gif

Trust me, when the leftovers are gone, you're gonna be planning to do at least two next time!!
icon_smile.gif

Great job!!

Dave

I was talking to my wife and said the same thing, You need to do more then one, Save on the cost of wood and Lump charcoal, But just learning make it hard to do allot all at once,

Thanks everyone

Nice work. I only did one the first time also.

Yeah, I hear ya! My wife loved my first (and only one so far) so she says I should have done two. The 5 pounder came out good. But if I had done 10 pounds and destroyed them, she probably would not have been too happy.
biggrin.gif

Dave

Vince it looks awesome congrats on the first of what I'm sure will be many!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky