My First piece of beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bb53chevpro

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 29, 2007
Well its about time I did a piece of beef. My wife said NOT to buy a brisket, so I took out a top round roast from the freezer yesterday morning. Rubbed it with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, and some steak seasoning. Wrapped it up and into the fridge. It's now in the smoker. I'll post pics as we go along.

With this smoke, there will be other firsts. I am finally gonna make a fatty, and stuffed shrooms. Of coarse, ABT's.

Have a great day everyone.
Andy.
e0de6db6_vbattach18279.jpg

3db1b0a8_vbattach18278.jpg

LMAO. It hurt too Tex...................LOL.

Sounds like she's puttin her foot uh..............down!
icon_smile.gif

Make sure you let us see the end results!

Andy, I am interested to see how this turns out as I need to try some beef, too. (as well as ABT's) Great day here to smoke here in Detroit-Windsor, eh?

smoked beef..and a fattie..you love them..and they are so dang easy..enjoy the day..aloe works great on leather inflicked wounds..my wife use's it all the time.

Definitely a good looking piece o' beef, Andy. Hope some of that TBS if flowin' for ya nicely today.

Eric, that's a bummer you're having to move your bro today but nice of you to help him out
wink.gif
... hope you can get to the smoker tomorrow!!

Beef. What can I say except "It's whats for dinner". (but I do enjoy pork smoked in just about any incarnation.)

That's going to be a great smoke and you're gonna love the beef n fatty. But why no brisket???? She don't know what she's missing.

Here it all is. There are many firsts with todays smoke. There were 2 concerns today. Not much of a smoke ring and was hoping the fatty would have darken up a bit more. (this may have been they type of sausage I used). All in al the food was great.
Oh ya..... the next time I smoke beef, I will let it rest longer. At least ah hour. We were all getting hungry so we dug into it.

Andy.

TO BE CONTINUED......
a6f138d1_vbattach18295.jpg

b80b3c5c_vbattach18294.jpg

04651522_vbattach18293.jpg

22542883_vbattach18292.jpg

6aecf494_vbattach18291.jpg

Andy...correct me if I'm wrong......but, smoke ring be danged....the final flavor is what matters most........??

It all looks very tasty to me......
wink.gif

I did manage to get a smoke going today......just some riblets, but better than a kick in the pants......LOL

Great lookin' smoke, bud!

L8r,
Eric

Thanks Eric, and in my opinion it would be the taste that matters rather than the size of the smoke ring.
Andy.
How did your smoke turn out?

Don't know yet.....3 hrs into it.....doing 2-1ish-1(or less)....using RO lump and cherry chunks....so far holding right around 240*......my shirt smells really good at least.........LOLOL...
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Everything looks great Andy! Especially the shrooms! What temp did ya take the beef to? Looks like ya got well done out of it?

Well done is what we were looking for. I took it to 175. We preferred the shrooms done in the oven over them smoked.
Andy.

It all looks great from here in AZ Andy-and Ya gotta try the seared brisket(WOW)

I would like to say thanks for all of the responses.
Thanks everyone.
Andy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky