My First piece of beef

Discussion in 'Beef' started by bb53chevpro, May 25, 2008.

1. bb53chevpro

bb53chevpro Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Well its about time I did a piece of beef. My wife said NOT to buy a brisket, so I took out a top round roast from the freezer yesterday morning. Rubbed it with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, and some steak seasoning. Wrapped it up and into the fridge. It's now in the smoker. I'll post pics as we go along.

With this smoke, there will be other firsts. I am finally gonna make a fatty, and stuffed shrooms. Of coarse, ABT's.

Have a great day everyone.
    Andy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bb53chevpro

LMAO. It hurt too Tex...................LOL.

3. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Bout time ya got up..lazybones...heh! Nice lookin' hunk-o-meat there! And yer gonna love the fatty!

4. earache_my_eye

earache_my_eye Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Lookin' pretty tasty from here, Andy....keep the pics coming for those of us that got "drafted" to help a brother move today...so, no smokin' for me....[​IMG]

L8r,
    Eric

5. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Sounds like she's puttin her foot uh..............down![​IMG]

Make sure you let us see the end results!

6. flyin'illini

flyin'illini Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Andy, I am interested to see how this turns out as I need to try some beef, too. (as well as ABT's) Great day here to smoke here in Detroit-Windsor, eh?

7. coyote

coyote Master of the Pit

smoked beef..and a fattie..you love them..and they are so dang easy..enjoy the day..aloe works great on leather inflicked wounds..my wife use's it all the time.

8. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Definitely a good looking piece o' beef, Andy. Hope some of that TBS if flowin' for ya nicely today.

Eric, that's a bummer you're having to move your bro today but nice of you to help him out [​IMG]... hope you can get to the smoker tomorrow!!

9. mulepackin

mulepackin Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Beef. What can I say except "It's whats for dinner". (but I do enjoy pork smoked in just about any incarnation.)

10. pigcicles

pigcicles Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That's going to be a great smoke and you're gonna love the beef n fatty. But why no brisket???? She don't know what she's missing.

11. bb53chevpro

Here it all is. There are many firsts with todays smoke. There were 2 concerns today. Not much of a smoke ring and was hoping the fatty would have darken up a bit more. (this may have been they type of sausage I used). All in al the food was great.
    Oh ya..... the next time I smoke beef, I will let it rest longer. At least ah hour. We were all getting hungry so we dug into it.

Andy.

TO BE CONTINUED......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. bb53chevpro

Here are the fianl pics.
    Andy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. earache_my_eye

Andy...correct me if I'm wrong......but, smoke ring be danged....the final flavor is what matters most........??

It all looks very tasty to me......[​IMG]

I did manage to get a smoke going today......just some riblets, but better than a kick in the pants......LOL

Great lookin' smoke, bud!

L8r,
    Eric

14. bb53chevpro

Thanks Eric, and in my opinion it would be the taste that matters rather than the size of the smoke ring.
    Andy.
    How did your smoke turn out?

15. earache_my_eye

Don't know yet.....3 hrs into it.....doing 2-1ish-1(or less)....using RO lump and cherry chunks....so far holding right around 240*......my shirt smells really good at least.........LOLOL...[​IMG]

16. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Worthy of a Squire... tending to Knight!

17. seboke

seboke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Everything looks great Andy! Especially the shrooms! What temp did ya take the beef to? Looks like ya got well done out of it?

18. bb53chevpro

Well done is what we were looking for. I took it to 175. We preferred the shrooms done in the oven over them smoked.
    Andy.

19. desertlites

desertlites Master of the Pit OTBS Member

It all looks great from here in AZ Andy-and Ya gotta try the seared brisket(WOW)

20. bb53chevpro

I would like to say thanks for all of the responses.
    Thanks everyone.
    Andy.