My First Meatloaf Smoke w/ Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jetjockey54

Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
Maryland
Guys and Gals.... After seeing all of the mouth-watering qview of smoked meatloaf that has been posted I just had to do a couple myself. I tweaked Jeff's recipe somewhat and they came out perfectly moist, flavorful and down right spectacular. Got rave reviews from the peanut gallery (family) and a few friends who just happened to stop by. Here is the slightly tweaked recipe:
  • 3 lbs. ground beef
  • 1 small yellow onion diced
  • 3/4 green pepper diced
  • 6 cloves garlic minced
  • 1 sleeve of saltine crackers crushed
  • 3 eggs lightly beaten
  • 1 1/4 C. ketchup
  • 4 T Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 C. milk
  • salt & pepper to taste
Meatloaf Glaze: Ketchup & brown sugar mixture. NOTE: make a little extra so that you have some to dip the cooked meatloaf in at the dinner table.

Ready to put into the GOSM

After 4 hours, ready to put the Glaze on:

Finished product:

Lets eat:

Looks great, congrats on a successful smoke.
Things like this just prove that everything is better cooked in the smoker!

I have yet to do a meat loaf, I think you just got me to put it on the to do list.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Nice - haven't done a meatloaf in a while - will have to get it back into the rotation. thanks for the reminder.

That meatloaf looks great and thats one of the good things about getting recipes from folks here is you can tweek them and they don't care if you do either. Heck they might even like better your way.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky