My First Jerky Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingjake

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 23, 2006
New Matamoras, Ohio
Here is a pick of my first attempt at smoking jerky and it came out great and tender and no one could believe the taste. I was lucky to 2 peices. It worth trying. Here is how i did it

round steak cut into somewhat thick peices for jerky
garlic salt to taste
ground pepper to taste
accent just alittle

Then grind all these ingredents into the meat with your hands and I mean grind them in good

Then soy sauce to taste and gring that in with your hands

Then smoke. I had my heat on 225 no higher for 3 hours or less then I put in the oven for 15 minutes at 350. I also did a meatloaf it came out great like always. Next week I am going to try my first pork shoulder, so if anyone has any advice I would really be greatful.

Jake
f6e0954a_vbattach10624.gif

3d97b1b1_vbattach10623.gif

i wish i could get my jerkey to turn out that good looking!!! the only advice i can give on pork shoulder is make sure you have a lot of time. i have only done 2 so far but i think i like the idea of after 4 hours or more double wraping it in foil to finish it off, i sure would make it easier to pick up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky