My first go at Venison Dried Beef !!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Haha, CM I can use all the help I can get..... However, I don't wanna give ya the short end of the stick as I have a bunch of hobbies but a master of none ! I'd be happy to help ya with anything I can though !

beercheer.gif
I'd probably short change you on the muzzleloading end of it !
icon_biggrin.gif

But how can it be "Beef" if it's Venison?
Its a Pa thing.  you wouldnt understand.   
biggrin.gif

In Pa alot of people have dried vension made and we always called it beef.  Maybe to make us feel richer.

Haha, CM I can use all the help I can get..... However, I don't wanna give ya the short end of the stick as I have a bunch of hobbies but a master of none ! I'd be happy to help ya with anything I can though !

:beercheer:

I'd probably short change you on the muzzleloading end of it !:icon_biggrin:

Not at all man, we will help each other out what we can & call er good.... How's that sound ? :biggrin:

:beercheer:

But how can it be "Beef" if it's Venison?
The butcher shops in SE PA sell it as "Venison Dried Beef", not because it's Beef, but because of the Dried Beef process.

If it's Elk, it would be Elk Dried Beef----Moose = Moose Dried Beef.

When you make hot dogs----Are they really Dogs????

How can you call them Dogs if they're really Beef or Pork???

Bear

Last edited:
Is this going to be anything like deer jerky? I just made some killer deer jerky in the dehydrator this past weekend. Would love to try your "beef".

Hey all, just getting back to this.... Had a 48 hr sickness hit me pretty hard & was out of commission.... So, the original plan was overnite (not a day & a half) in the fridge then in the oven on real low for a bit (don't have the likes of a MES, yet). So that's where I'am finally at this morning.... Here's the updated pics as of this morning .....

Just before the fridge, seasoned with a little SPOG, one a little heavier on the BP as I like a little kick.....

Out of the fridge this morning..... Just before low, low in the oven to dry a little more !

Now you're on the home Stretch---In the smoker!!
icon14.gif

I can just about smell it from here!!!
drool.gif

popcorn.gif

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky