My first Fattie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ck311

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 23, 2008
Washington MI
Ok so this was my first attempt at making fatties for my first smoke. I made 2 fatties the first one is a combo of hot pork sausage and venison with pepper jack cheese, baby portabella mushrooms, green peppers, onions, celery, and cilantro. Wraped in peppered bacon.
1001854ib1.jpg
after the roll
1001855vf1.jpg
The second one is a breakfast fattie also a combo of mild pork sausage and venison. It has Munster cheese, Baby portabella mushrooms, green peppers, onions, and 3 eggs also wrapped in peppered bacon.
1001856nk1.jpg
This one came out the best
1001857oi2.jpg
Ok so these guys will go on some time tomorrow afternoon so hopefully i will have a full Q-view under my belt by tomorrow evening. sorry for the awful post layout I suck at it.

Nothing wrong with this post layout ck! Good looking q-view, looking forward the big finish tomorrow!

Looks like a great start

Looks like you're off to a good start, looking forward to the Q View my friend.

Ok so here is the finished Q-view it would have been sooner but my camera battery died. First pic is about 2hrs in to the smoke, 2nd is right before I took them out of the smoker and the 3rd is the pepper jack cheese fatty and the 4th is the breakfast fatty the next morning.

1001858qn2.jpg

1001860fy6.jpg

1001861vm0.jpg

1001862ha2.jpg

I also did a turkey breast saturday that turned out awesome sry no pic's camera died before I could get any. So all in all it turned out to be an good first smoke and I will be doing more that is for sure.

Wow, that's pretty! I've yet to try bacon wrapping a fatty, but your photos make it look like it's the thing to do... thanks for the inspiration. :)

Hard to believe that is your 1st fattie..looks like a pro did it..good job..

I agree.

Great stuffing choices.

I think he's hooked now, reel em in!
wink.gif

I bet we see some more q-views from this guy,and he gets some new batteries too!

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
gotta slide some points to the fatty virgin!
icon_smile.gif

ck that's an amazing job for a first fattie! I've been trying to get up the nerve to try one, figured I screw it up and have wasted lots of good food. Thanks for the inspiration, I hope my first one comes out looking half as good as yours does.

I wouldn't have been able to do it if it wasn't for the great advice on this site. I plan on having many more q-views I'm already addicted

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky