My first ever fatty, first use of my smoker

Discussion in 'Fatties' started by jond, Aug 10, 2008.

1. jond

jond Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

Hi,

I have had my first taste of smoking today, never know what a Fatty was until i joined yesterday looking for inspiration... anyway i decided to have a go at a Fatty...

1LB Sausage Meat
    Apple Sauce
    Spanish Chorizo
    Mozzarella Cheese
    Wrapped in unsmoked bacon

Smoked with Maple.

The preparation was a pain :( will try the bag method next time and didn't hold out much hope, due to a rainstorm i let it go a little longer as the temp dropped but here is the final result, the taste is amazing :)

A little overdone, the internal temp was 195ish but for a first attempt i'm happy :)

Jon.

Here's the first, ready for harvest...

[​IMG]

Rested and ready to eat...

[​IMG]

2. smokin365

smokin365 Smoking Fanatic

Good attempt, nice qview. Looks arent everything, they get better with time. What matters most is that it tasted good

3. bb53chevpro

bb53chevpro Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks great. It is always a learning curve. Every smoke will be dif, every piece of meat will be dif.
    Keep smoking.

4. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Congratas on the first smoke and Q too! Nice jiob my friend.

5. erain

erain Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG] you are hooked, fatty on first smoke... u r dowwn for the count!!!!! actually i didnt think it looked so bad!!! i thought the ingred used and with the slice pics... that sucker looked realy good, i said looked for a reason, cause i have a hunch its past tense. Great job and love the qview!!! points

6. dennisdocb

dennisdocb Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Great job for first attempt they will get better[​IMG]

7. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks damn good...........Good job..................The taste is what matters.............