My first drum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

invader q

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
Here are some pics of my just finished drum smoker. Thanks to everyone here for all the info.

smoker.png

smokerinside.png

crap........you guys keep this up........i will have to try one out........

only problem i see with the design, is with maintenece of the unit.........

maybe with a two part barrel........cut in half somehow

Nice job on the drum smoker... I am getting more interested in building one too. Looks fairly straight forward.

Nice drum you got there. Looking forward to seeing its first smoke.
Andy

Looks like mother nature is going to give me one more dose of winter weather late this week, so it might be two weekends out before it gets a good run.

I've got a pork butt in the freezer, so it might be the first thing to see the fire, assuming nothing looks great at the butcher between now and then.
biggrin.gif

Nice job!!! I'm going to have to do one of those myself....I know, I say that every time someone else does one......but, really I am one of these days!!

WD on mine I tack welded the bottom to the side. You can wire it or even fold the corners of a square piece up to fit the pre-made ring, then bolt it on.

Whatever your level is anyone can do this with basic tools.

Nice design. Won't have any problem with smoke not getting to the top.
I like the damper also, real easy to operate.

geob

Easy clean-up, shop vac the ashes out!!

Looks great IQ....gotta season it before cooking and cold weather doesn't slow that drum down at all!!
Fire it up and see how your temps run!!
wink.gif

bubba..........tho.........how does this werk on a LONG smoke......as in a brisket........seems to be hard to add more fuel.............

The UDS is a fuel effecient beast!! 10 to 12 lbs of charcoal will burn 12-14 hrs, no need to add fuel or wood, 3-4 chunks will last as long as the burn!!
The drum is so air tight that you control the burn with your intakes, NOWHERE to leak air to fuel the fire so it burns as slowly as you allow it!
biggrin.gif

If you build, you will believe!!
wink.gif

k........so, with a brisket......packer, is what i should of been saying.......15 lbs...........just add more charcol to begin with?

say maybe 20 lbs?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky