My First Brisket with q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

00nothing

Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
I was going to wait till tomorrow once it was all cooked up to do this but was eager to get the pics uploaded will add to it as the day progresses tomorrow

mustard with a bit of worsterschire and cider to give the other goodness something to stick to

Dry rub was copied and modded a little bit from a recipe i found on here pretty sure it was pineywoods (big thanks for the help in getting me started on my first brisket) rub just tweaked a bit with whatever i had in the kitchen

Can't wait to show off and eat the final product

Sure am glad i took these pictures I forgot to tothpick so i can figure out the grain of the cut when done

Looks like you going in the right direction. Cant wait to see it finished.

Looks like a great start!!

Yeah thats daddys little princess and she is 100% pure carnivore whenever i cook a big feast of meat the first thing she asks is if the fat will be good to eat (her fav food is pork chops)

Thanks for sharing a good start with us, keep us posted.

Good show on the brisket and the little carnivore!
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

I would have posted this much sooner but strangely right after consuming all this smokey goodness i fell into a beef induced coma
icon_lol.gif
I will post the pictures in order with a bit of detail

10:00 oclock this morning fired up up the smoker and by 10:30 had it going a steady 250 brisket went in fat side up and i just the smokey goodness do its work
12:30 I flipped it fast side down and let it smoke for another hr
1:30 into a 250 degree oven so i could go out for the afternoon

4:30 expecting to open the oven and have at least an hr or so to I was going to add some mop jsut some apple juice till i saw this and temped it at 195 deg in the thick end and 210 ish in the thin, after not being quite sure i jumped on the SMF chat and got some great help thanks again piney jsut warpped it all back up in the foil and let it rest

5:30 time for a slicing removed the fat cap and the very small amount of point that the butcher had left behind not enough to even worry about doing anything with but i pulled it out of the fat all the same

Found the grain with ease once the fat cap was removed and started with the slicing

Left with a gorgeous pile of num nums first stack is for sammies this bit got wrapped back up and placed in a towel while my side and aujus were cooked

This stack was way to tender to slice jsut fell apart figure it will be perfect for making some rice and beans with

And now the final pictures dinner, guess which plate is mine :)

Served with some frozen predone potatoes from the grocery don't ever waste your time with these they are horrible and some au jus the au jus was a prebought packet from the store club hous ei believe but instead of following the directions i i replaced half the called for liquid with drippings from the roast this was phenomonal will def do that again

Overall the brisket was great had a nice smokey flavor but there are some things i will change the rub might have been a bit aggressive and drowned the flavor of the beef a bit, as well the final product left a bit of a grainy feel in the mouth not sure what caused or how to fix this but tenderness was off the chart

Thanks for looking and thanks for those that helped cant wait to do my next one but trying a pulled pork before i go back to a brisket next

Looks great you did good
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
How did the little one like it?

She loved it but wanted to eat the fat cap this kid seriously has some carnivore issues, the other day she wanted to put tomoatoes and salad dressing on a steak because she thought she needs to eat more veggies, but shes not chunky at all little demon fireball with way to much energy she probably burns off twice what she eats per day

Great job on the brisket....
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

On your next one, get a packer and try makin burnt ends outta the point
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

Sammie pics got me droolin!!

Very nice.... your kid sounds like me & mine . I always leave the fat cap on . If the carnivores in question dont like it they cut there own off. It is bad for ya but what the hell it adds alot to the flavor in moderation of course.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky