• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

my first brisket is finally DONE!!!

lisacsco

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 30, 2007
********************PICS are now added, see below**************************

OMG, this thing came out perfect....(scoot over Tonto, BigAl will be sending me over to sit with you).... It is like slicing into BUTTER baby!!! I got company coming over any second and after they leave I'll post pics!!

Who's da'girl??

I'm da'Girl!!

I am so proud

Lisa :)

(and so dang tired!!!)

~Lisa~

keywesmoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 24, 2007
Dam Skippy! Good for you Lisa! That's a difficult thing to do just right, I'm happy for you!

domn8_ion

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 5, 2007
Congrats Lisa, now trach me how. I'm 0 for 3 on m briskits. But at lest I've got a reason to try more.

lisacsco

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 30, 2007
Here is the brisket after setting a little while :)

Here is all that is left...BBQ tomorrow :)

Here are some sausages that I tried Friday before smoking the brisket :)
(I dont like sausages, I gave them away, but just wanted to try them)

pigcicles

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 25, 2006
Lisa - You da Super Girl - great job! Thanks for sharing the pics. How long did it take to finish that perfect brisket off?

Keep Smokin

lisacsco

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 30, 2007
They absolutely loved it. We had potatoes, deviled eggs to go with it. Apple pie and ice cream for dessert :)

It was a fun evening :)

Now I am thinking what I can do next weekend!!

lisacsco

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 30, 2007
I finally got it off the smoker about 3:00, shorter time than I thought it would take.

I still have half of it left, it was a 14 lb'er when started. Today I am gonna make a BBQ sauce and shred the rest of the meat. When you make the meat yourself, I have learned you really want to make a special sauce that doesnt mask the meat :) So now I got something else to learn :)

~Lisa~

keywesmoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 24, 2007
Lisa, an apple cinnamon BBQ sauce goes really well with smokey brisket. Warmed.

smokin for life

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 21, 2007
You Da Girl!!! Man that look sssssooooo good. You said you still have half left..... mmmmmm I'd be there in a flash, but I may run into one of your brothers LOL!!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.