My First ABT's

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by yellowtin, Oct 26, 2007.

1. yellowtin

yellowtin Fire Starter

WOW!!! A little hot for me, but my Dad loved them! I loved the taste, but I am not used to the heat.
    I made a holder out of one of those disposable pie tins, and it worked pretty good.
    I stuffed them with leftover brisket and chedder cheese, with bacon over the top.
    I didn't take a picture of the finished product, my Dad had some woofed down before I had a chance!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. glued2it

glued2it Master of the Pit

The holder seemed to work out pretty well.

3. jts70

jts70 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Got to love the ole ATB!!

4. wilson

wilson Meat Mopper

Nice ABT Holder! [​IMG]

5. wvsmokeman

wvsmokeman Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Congrats on a great smoke! You can also split them, stuff them and wrap a half slice of bacon around them...either way, my signature says it all [​IMG]

6. ron50

ron50 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

NY
    They may be your first but they won't be your last! If jalapeno are too hot for you there are milder peppers you can substitute, like mini bell peppers and banana peppers. Richoso will be along to tell you more, he is one of our pepper afficienados.

7. yellowtin

yellowtin Fire Starter

I've never eaten banana peppers, are they hot?

8. smokin for life

smokin for life Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

You're going to need a bigger pie pan!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm yummy, ABT'S

9. bbq bubba

bbq bubba Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Clever rack, you're hooked now [​IMG]
    Be sure to get all the seed's and rib's out, that will cool it down!![​IMG]

10. squeezy

squeezy Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I like to split them lengthwise ... easier to seed, easier to stuff and I like to wrap a whole slice of bacon in an overlapping spiral around the whole turd. Then I just lay them on the rack, usually 2 dozen or more.
    I've made them several ways and I like this way the best.

My .02 worth! [​IMG]

11. Gotta love those ABT's! I also slice the pepper down the middle, stuff, and wrap a half a slice of bacon around them...Can you say yummmmmmy![​IMG]

12. ron50

ron50 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

NY
    Banana peppers are sweet, no heat at all. They look like yellow jalapeños, maybe longer and thinner.

13. squeezy

squeezy Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I can get a similar looking chilli, the Hungarian yellow ... looks like a banana pepper but has some heat, also excellent flavor.

Incidently, how do you put the accent over the n in Jalapeno? Looks cool!

14. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice holder! Those look delicious![​IMG]

15. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Your creativity is expanding your horizons. I'm looking forward to your future Q Views, should be interesting.