My First ABT's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yellowtin

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 19, 2007
WOW!!! A little hot for me, but my Dad loved them! I loved the taste, but I am not used to the heat.
I made a holder out of one of those disposable pie tins, and it worked pretty good.
I stuffed them with leftover brisket and chedder cheese, with bacon over the top.
I didn't take a picture of the finished product, my Dad had some woofed down before I had a chance!
fd9f6bd4_vbattach15402.jpg

5a1d1b01_vbattach15400.jpg

f256068b_vbattach15401.jpg

Congrats on a great smoke! You can also split them, stuff them and wrap a half slice of bacon around them...either way, my signature says it all
icon_lol.gif

They may be your first but they won't be your last! If jalapeno are too hot for you there are milder peppers you can substitute, like mini bell peppers and banana peppers. Richoso will be along to tell you more, he is one of our pepper afficienados.

I like to split them lengthwise ... easier to seed, easier to stuff and I like to wrap a whole slice of bacon in an overlapping spiral around the whole turd. Then I just lay them on the rack, usually 2 dozen or more.
I've made them several ways and I like this way the best.

My .02 worth!
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

Banana peppers are sweet, no heat at all. They look like yellow jalapeños, maybe longer and thinner.

I can get a similar looking chilli, the Hungarian yellow ... looks like a banana pepper but has some heat, also excellent flavor.

Incidently, how do you put the accent over the n in Jalapeno? Looks cool!

Your creativity is expanding your horizons. I'm looking forward to your future Q Views, should be interesting.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky