My first ABTs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kurt boutin

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
Southern NH
I'm doing a crab and cream cheese, with 3 cheese blend, and some old bay seasoning 

and

Li'l smokies with cream cheese, 3 cheese blend, and some of my rib rub...here's some Q View...before...no afters yet...they're still on the grill..  they're on indirect about 225-250 ...we'll see how it all works out.

No finished product Pics ??
th_What_NO_QVIEW.gif

I got finished near midnight last night...overall...success...issues:

Bacon wasn't as cooked/crispy as I'd liked.

Crab stuffing wasn't "crabby" enough...could have used more old bay seasoning.  Smokies were good.

Direct heat and higher heat will solve your bacon issue. Typically when I do ABT's I'm running my smoker at 285+. Next time if they are under done pop them on a hot grill or throw them under the broiler in the oven for a few minutes.

Got that...everything I'd read said indirect heat, but for the last half hour or so, I put them direct and that helped.  I may play around with it a bit.

They are.   The main issue on my end is that I didn't know how my grill would work with them, apparently.  Just keep an eye on things and when the bacon is done, you're good!  Oh, and post pics because otherwise, you'll get hammered by guys here! :)

Kurt

Reactions: crazymoon
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky