my february Paella

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

miamirick

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 28, 2009
plantation fl
Heres some shots of my paella
the initial spread
i pregrilled or sataued most everything
Made some seafood yellow saffron rice
honey butter bbq lobster
combined everything in a pan and smoked for an hour
final shots were around valantines
choose the entry shot of just plain dish
maybe should have choose the one with the fluff instead but figured the dish looked good enough
made about 5 pounds
I ate it all as the boss does not like seafood
thought i had a winner this month,
better get workin on my chicken!!!!
0279e1cc_vbattach24285.jpg

b8ca3b9e_vbattach24286.jpg

72420cc9_vbattach24287.jpg

4172a317_vbattach24288.jpg

eceba71f_vbattach24289.jpg

5ba32d50_vbattach24290.jpg

8b46982d_vbattach24291.jpg

0cef8fe2_vbattach24292.jpg

d32307ee_vbattach24293.jpg

cbdf3e38_vbattach24294.jpg

31d7f96f_vbattach24295.jpg

b96a2b44_vbattach24296.jpg

This was my favorite, nice application of smoke to a classic spanish dish. I really like the thinking and the time you put into pulling this off.

points.gif

I'm so into paella, your version is certainly not a traditional method, but like bbally said, the effort and thinking, to pull off combining so many different ingredients using grill and smoke procedures earns huge points.

great dish..........and in spain it is done on a dried grape vine fire so there is some smokie element in the traditional way.

Rick wanted you to see a picture of my wedding paella. Get two or three weddings a year wanting paella... these bring guests around to see what is cooking.

paella.jpg

longshotpa.jpg

The mussels are green lip from New Zealand.

Excellent dish, my compliments on your creativity and follow-through on the pics.

To big to smoke, though I probably could smoke the ingredients or some of them. However, I am usually cooking to create the traditional paella.

These were done on those tripod gas heaters you see them sitting on, the burner rings are individually controlled.

It allows me to create the socarrat for the dish. Taking care to add the sofritto a little at a time to create that neat toasted rice.

bobpaella.jpg

Now that wa a great dish there Rick. I really liked it too.

Well this one was my favorite. I have eatin it once long ago and loved it. Brought back some fine, well wife not lookin, some very fine memories! LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky