My best ribs yet w/ ABT's & Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mnjosh

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Bloomington, MN
Back Ribs, ABT's and some Brats for tailgating coming up. Used 3.5-1.5-.5 method using Cherry and Hickory.

189c490a_IMG_0990.jpg

2a519369_IMG_0997.jpg

a7da543c_IMG_1002.jpg

Ribs and Mac (no boil mac recipe from this forum) I added Morels and other wild mushrooms.

c51a07e2_IMG_1006.jpg

Too much BBQ, nap now required

4b7ca044_IMG_1009.jpg

Last edited:
icon_cool.gif

Man oh Man those ribs look awesome and that smoke ring is super too. Now that Mac n cheese looks to die for with the shrooms and morels are my favorite too. Did you put any shiitaki in there too???

thanks guys

Mballi, I use the morels I found in spring and the other wild mushrooms are a mix I get at costco. I'll have to check if there are shittake in there.

That is one fine looking feast you put up. I love the mac n cheese too
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thanks everyone. Just wanted to add a bit more info I pm'd to someone in case anyone can use it.

Cooked these ribs on a chargriller. I just use a normal memphis style rub after coating with yellow mustard. That has to be my key to getting those colors and bark without using much sugar. I add nothing during the cook and I don't flip them. I just make sure to cook closer to 225 and take it easy. I cooked these with lots of smoke as my family loves that. I burnt up like 6 big chunks of cherry and hickory but this cooker is not known for being efficient.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky