• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My best ribs yet w/ ABT's & Qview

mnjosh

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 5, 2010
Back Ribs, ABT's and some Brats for tailgating coming up. Used 3.5-1.5-.5 method using Cherry and Hickory.

Ribs and Mac (no boil mac recipe from this forum) I added Morels and other wild mushrooms.

Too much BBQ, nap now required

Last edited:

raptor700

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 20, 2010
Nice Smoke ring!!   Like the looks of those ribs, Love the Mac and Cheese   

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Man oh Man those ribs look awesome and that smoke ring is super too. Now that Mac n cheese looks to die for with the shrooms and morels are my favorite too. Did you put any shiitaki in there too???

mnjosh

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 5, 2010
thanks guys

Mballi, I use the morels I found in spring and the other wild mushrooms are a mix I get at costco. I'll have to check if there are shittake in there.

johnnybigsmoke

Smoke Blower
Joined Jun 30, 2010
That is a very impressive smoke ring... Kudos!!!

The Mac and Cheese looks fan-freaking-tastic!!! Good show and thanks for the qview!!! 

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
That is one fine looking feast you put up. I love the mac n cheese too

mnjosh

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 5, 2010
Thanks everyone. Just wanted to add a bit more info I pm'd to someone in case anyone can use it.

Cooked these ribs on a chargriller. I just use a normal memphis style rub after coating with yellow mustard. That has to be my key to getting those colors and bark without using much sugar. I add nothing during the cook and I don't flip them. I just make sure to cook closer to 225 and take it easy. I cooked these with lots of smoke as my family loves that. I burnt up like 6 big chunks of cherry and hickory but this cooker is not known for being efficient.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.