My BBQ cart build.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Ever since I got my Blackstone griddle I have been wanting a cart for grilling more then ever. My plans were for a cart hefty enough to fill a few requirements. I also wanted it to be able to be used for my Weber smokey Joe, or my Landman smoker when It is not being used for cold smoking. And the cart had to hold the utensils and the griddle on a lower shelf.

20200702_140831.jpg

Front and back cut and assembled. I used 5/4 pine for the main frame portion. Assembled with pocket screws and glue.

20200702_151943.jpg

The top was made from wood that was in the garage rafters for years. In great shape. Just weathered. This is 1"x5". This was attached with glue and cabinet grade screws.
The side braces are again 5/4" and attached with glue and cabinet grades 3" finish screws.

20200703_103211.jpg

Bottom stubs removed. And locking casters installed. Starting to cut ceramic tiles.

P7061037.JPG

8" ceramic tiles laid out and cut.

20200707_110924.jpg

After primer and two coats of paint.

20200707_110927.jpg

Table tiles set in thin set. Tomorrow they will get grouted. Still deciding on whether I want to hang the utensils. This was a fun little project. And other then the kitchen project. I haven't had time to do something like this for a while.

Beautiful piece of work Steve, even got the bottle opener installed on the side, towel holder, nice job, Like! RAY

Good job, Steve. That cart should fill all your needs.
It must be a lot drier in your neck of the woods than it is here, if you can mount and leave a roll of paper towel. If I did that here, it would soon look like a sopping wet sponge. LOL
Gary

Looks great Steve. Very professional. You got some skills man.

Mike

I love to do some woodworking as well and you did a beautiful job! I love the color. The additions are a really nice touch too and the tile really makes it top notch!

Awesome job on the cart Steve! Looks super duty too! Glad to see you built a cart for your bottle opener :emoji_laughing:

That turned out great! Even has a bottle opener. Your priorities are where they should be. Lol

Beautiful piece of work Steve, even got the bottle opener installed on the side, towel holder, nice job, Like! RAY
Thanks Ray! The bottle opener was priority one!

Nice work Steve. Glad you have your priorities straight.......bottle opener!
LOL, thanks!

Good job, Steve. That cart should fill all your needs.
It must be a lot drier in your neck of the woods than it is here, if you can mount and leave a roll of paper towel. If I did that here, it would soon look like a sopping wet sponge. LOL
Gary
No rain lately. Though this will be garage kept except for the times I may go stumbling back into the house after too many BBQ brews!

Looks great Steve. Very professional. You got some skills man.

Mike
Thanks Mike!

I love to do some woodworking as well and you did a beautiful job! I love the color. The additions are a really nice touch too and the tile really makes it top notch!
Thank you! I kept going back and forth with the tiles on top. But these came out the winner after buying a couple and seeing how they look. The win, win was when I went to get them they were on clearance for .98 each.

Awesome job on the cart Steve! Looks super duty too! Glad to see you built a cart for your bottle opener :emoji_laughing:
Lol! Whats the point of a bottle opener if you don't have a cart to hang it on!

Nice job steve! Your cart turned out really nice!

Ryan

Cart looks great Steve. I like the tile idea to help dissipate some heat. Forgot all about the bottle opener ! ! ! Like

Amazing handiwork!! That looks awesome man. I’d have a hard time assembling that from a premade kit let alone build it from scratch.

Cart looks great Steve. I like the tile idea to help dissipate some heat. Forgot all about the bottle opener ! ! ! Like
Thank you! I'm also thinking the tiles will help with the heat. But even with the Weber. It isn't real bad.

Amazing handiwork!! That looks awesome man. I’d have a hard time assembling that from a premade kit let alone build it from scratch.
Thank you! I searched at first for a cart that was already made. But either they din't fit the size I wanted. They used crap fiberboard or plastic. Or the cost was 3 times what I could be for myself. Not to mention I like doing stuff like this.

Nice job Steve looks able to be a great service cart.

Warren
Thanks Warren!

Reactions: Winterrider
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky