My All Night Brisket with Qview

Discussion in 'Beef' started by wilson, Oct 13, 2007.

1. wilson

wilson Meat Mopper

Finally found a supply for Brisket that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg. So I picked up a nice 10.5 lbs Brisket today. Trimmed it up. Rubbed it down twice first rub salt, pepper, paprika, chipotle chili powder, and my home made devil powder ( Smoked: Jalapino, Serano, Habenero powder). Then I put down a layer of Rub that I got from an Amish Family that I have been wanting to try.
    Fired up the GOSM gasser with Hickory. Started it about 5:00. I plan to take it off around 8:00am wrap it and store it for a few hours then slice and enjoy.
    Here are some pics from my prep. (Brisket in the Cryo, Out of the Cryo, Trimmed side one, Trimmed side 2)
    Ron
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. wilson

wilson Meat Mopper

My brisket prep continued:
    Pic 1 First layer of rub, Pic 2 Second Layer of Rub, Pic 3 Loaded in to it's new home for the next 12 to 14 hours. I only rubbed one side of the brisket because my wife doesn't like a lot of seasoning.
    "Happy Wife, Happy Life"
    I'll post more when she (brisket not my wife)[​IMG] comes out of the smoker in the morning.
    Ron
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. walking dude

walking dude Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

nice looking packer..........

can't wait for the pics........good luck on your all nite brisket smoke

i got one under my belt..........tired as crap the next day.........but it was werth it......brisket to melt in your mouth

once again........good luck

d8de

4. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I can't wait to see the finished meat........it's gonna be so tender.
    Good going Wilson![​IMG]

5. wilson

wilson Meat Mopper

41/2 hours in. 3rd load of wood,switched to apple now....I am going to definitely get a bigger chip holder so I can use chunks instead of chips and bigger water pan!
    Brisket's doing good, looks wonderful. Can't wait for the morning.
    Ron

6. ron50

ron50 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

NY
    Ron:

You are going to have a great night keeping that brisket company. Enjoy the smoke and hopefully you have a nice adult beverage to enjoy as you sit with it.

7. bwsmith_2000

bwsmith_2000 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Wilson,
    It's looking good. I can smell it down here in the panhandle of Florida. Be sure to send pix in the AM. It's a wonderful thing isn't it?

8. wilson

wilson Meat Mopper

Funny you should mention adult beverages, Ron. I had just poured myself a glass of Dewar's Special Reserve right before I read your post. Thanks for the encouragement. It's been a while since I did a whole packer. Brisket is rare in these parts of PA, usually all I can find is small flats or points and they want about $5.00 a pound for them [​IMG].
    I took some advice from a friend and drove 30 miles to an Amish Farm Market and was able to score Brisket at $1.99 a pound.
    So this one just happened to follow me home. I also found out that they sell Spares for $1.39 a pound by the case!!
    Planning on going back next week and loading up on Spares. I also scored 12lbs of NY strip for $15.00, I now have a freezer full of strip steaks. Yum
    Ron

9. walking dude

nice wilson........real nice........damn..........

so, when is tim coming over to help you eat all that food?

[​IMG]

d8de

10. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

thats a great smoke but that wild eyed hound is skeery....i had a 1/2 bassett 1/2 beagle w/ that same look- his name was capp- as in captain.... he was a boat dog.

11. wilson

wilson Meat Mopper

Brisket, Nascar,Scotch, and Chloe the Wonder Beagle. Can life get any better?

12. walking dude

aint no nascar, since jr. isn't in the hunt

d8de

13. wilson

wilson Meat Mopper

How do you feel about Jr going to the Dark Side next year?

14. walking dude

least he will get motors that don't blow all the time.........someone messed up that one time, when jr. finished up that one race for busch.......jr found out how GOOD hendrick motors are........i am just not happy that budwieser can't go with him......let alone that WITCH wouldn't let him take his number with him

d8de

15. wilson

wilson Meat Mopper

Glad to see we are in agreement on this. I hope he come out of the box smokin and wins Daytona! I'll go on a month long bender if he does.
    Proud Member of the Jr Nation
    [​IMG]

Ron

16. walking dude

RIGHT ON>.............JUNIOR for EVER

look out gordon.........you are going to have to look over your shoulder now.......another earnhardt going to be up your arse

d8de

17. wilson

wilson Meat Mopper

Just to let you know JJ-48 just lost it by himself and smacked the wall!
    Woo Hoo!

18. walking dude

jr. running where he normally has this year
    in the 20's

d8de

19. wilson

wilson Meat Mopper

Here are some pics about 5 hours in.
    I had to adjust the chip box lid, the chips flamed up when I opened the door. [​IMG]
    Every brisket is an adventure.
    Ron
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. walking dude

which one you using the charchol uinit or the gasser.......GOSM

d8de