My ABTs - Step by Step (Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alelover

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
After seeing fpnmf's ABTs I got inspired to make some. 1st I got my cheese and spice mixture put together.

4dcdc51c_IMG_0187.jpg

Split the peppers in half so they are like little jalapeno boats. Cleaned out the ribs and seeds. Cream cheese and Cabot's Extremely Sharp Cheddar and my spices creamed together waiting in the bowl. I didn't have any kind of sausage substance on hand so I cut up a Hebrew National All-Beef hot dog.

f06b67ff_IMG_0188.jpg

Put a big drop of Sweet Baby Ray's in each one.

6536d970_IMG_0191.jpg

Coated the jalapenos with the Sweet Baby Ray's.

1b019497_IMG_0192.jpg

Place a hot dog slice in each one.

6489d45d_IMG_0193.jpg

Stuffed them with the cheese mixture.

fd2cce37_IMG_0194.jpg

Then wrapped a half slice of bacon around each one and secured it with a toothpick.

f5e30795_IMG_0195.jpg

Put them in the smoker for 2 hours at 225. Smoked with pecan and hickory.

13af8eaa_IMG_0199.jpg

And then served.

d9260d02_IMG_0201.jpg

Thanks for tuning in.

Looking delicious!!!

We love ABTs here..they sure don't last long.

Craig

That's a new combination for me,  BBQ sauce and hot dogs.  Will have to keep that in mind for the next time I do them. 

Great looking ABTs and the Chicken ¼ look great too...

That just gave me a great idea - Those look great. I am going to steal your idea and kick it up a notch by using hot links instead of the hot dogs. Thanks for a great post

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky