My 2nd pork butt !!!!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

faststang71

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 29, 2013
Tuscaloosa alabama
This thing turned out way awesome again smoked between 250 and 275. I pulled at 171 this time instead of 200. I double wrapped it in foil and stuck in a cooler. I'm going to let it rest for 3 hours. So I'm hoping the temp will be right at 200 when I start to pull it apart. Same rub same glaze and injection. Used peach wood for the cook besides one mini log of pecan mainly to help with heat. I'm not the best at taking progress pics cause I normally just up and decide when I want to cook. So again it's a finished pic but it looks a hell of a lot better this time. She laid naked for the whole cook, I started at 12am this morning and pulled it off the grill at 6am. But here's a pic of it let me know what yall think !

Looks good to me! 
icon14.gif

Kat

Ha ha thanks guys but wished I left it on longer... Started to try pull it and money muscle did oooookkkkk in that tone but prolly better off fully sliced or cut in cubes. I just done a mixture of each... It tastes awesome though and good smoke ring. Thanks again for the likes. I def got to make a new glaze thisos just to spicy. I know my base will include apple jelly and honey.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky