My 2nd attempt at this! w/ some qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

themagicone

Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
Today I decided to try a brisket, some venison and some of my ham I'm curing. I removed the whole 21lb slab of fresh ham and got to work on it. The first picture is what I got, 4 good slabs of boneless meat - all about the same size and weight. Those 4 went back into the cure, 2nd picture, the other little hunk went with everything else on the smoker along with the bone for some ham/bean soup. The cure seems to be working, the meat is getting a very nice pink color and no mold or anything bad seems to be present. Going to smoke the rest next weekend. I'll let everyone know how it turns out. I used a spicy mustard paste and some basic rub for it.

forgot the pics!
7d47a021_vbattach18727.jpg

1eb95c40_vbattach18726.jpg

0db66753_vbattach18725.jpg

Everything sounds like you're on your way to a great smoke! Good luck, especially on the fresh ham. I'll be watching to see how yours is done and if it turns out well, may chat with ya about your process!

Not sure what the last picture was, but pics 1&2 looked good!
biggrin.gif

Yeah, pic 1 & 2 look great. Thought It was my beer on #3... Or sumthin from the Hubble telescope

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky