my 1st but for real this time lol

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

links16877

Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
[font=&quot]Ok im going to do a pork butt for real this time the weather looks good im going to use a rub I got out peace love and bar be cue :salt, paprika, mustard pouder,garlic salt, curry powder onion salt, thyme, oregano. I put it on my 1st bird and I figured I already had it so I would use it on my pork. im going to spray it with apple cider then im going to use a raspberry chipotle BBQ sause after I pull it. now im going to somke it to 195 inside for pulling it now I want to know do I have to foil it or can I smoke it the hole time uncovered? And any helpful info yall can give me [/font]:)[font=&quot] wish me luck [/font]

I don't usualy foil mine untill I pull it off and let it rest.They have been coming out pretty juicey. I leave them alone for the first 2 hours, after that I spray them with apple juice after that about every hour. Some times I flip them some times I don't. I can't honestly say which is best. I take them to a temp. of 200 then foil them for about an hour or so. After that the bone honestly just falls out. Hope it turns out the way you like. Butts are pretty hard to mess up.

Foiling is a matter of choice. Some do, and some don't. Let us know what you do and please post some pics if you can!

Enjoy your smoke!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

I have to stand behind meowey's sticky. You will be please with the outcome of foiling. It comes out juicier and more tender.

I'm doing a butt today. look for my Q-View's tommorow!

Check out my thread Pulled pork 101, all the basic's from start to finish (including pic's)
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky