• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

my 1st brisker part 2

lennyluminum

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 19, 2008
OK here are the pics of my First brisket from my first thread http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/97983/first-brisket-tonight.

It went really well over all my temps we right in the 220-235 range the whole time. I put it in the smoker at 3:30 smoker temp was at 233. about 5 hours into the smoke it hit 165 after stalling for around 2 hours. I put it in a foil pan and covered it with foil back into the smoker for about an hour till it hit 190.

I dint let it sit very long cause we wanted to eat and it smelled really good.

The over all taste was great and had a nice smokey flavor to it, I was kind of disappointed in the tenderness though. I wasn't real tender and no were near fall apart.

Meat: Brisket (flat) 4 lbs

Rub: McCormick spices

Smoker: GOSM

Fuel: Propane

Wood: mix of oak chunks and Jack Daniels oak chips

Temp: 220-235

Duration: 6 hours stalling at 150 for about 2 hours

this at the 4 hour mark

out of the smoker at 165 about to be foiled

on the chopping block after a quick 30 min. rest.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Hmmmm---Looks GREAT!

Not tender enough?---Maybe go to 195˚ next time, and a couple hours foiled, toweled, and in the cooler before slicing.

I know----It smelled good & you were hungry
[hr][/hr]LOL next time start earlier??---Probably just got home from work.
Still looks perfect!

Bear

lennyluminum

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 19, 2008
ya i think next time it needs to cook in the foil longer and rest in a cooler fo atleast an hour.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.