Mustard...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

glazin

Original poster
Dec 28, 2015
Mix up of brown and yellow compared to yellow for rub on pork butt,Is there a big taste difference when the meat is completed,smoked

I mix yellow mustard and molasses . i can taste a bit of sweet but no mustard

Reactions: glazin
I can't ever taste the mustard either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

100% Brown Mustard has a more pronounced taste. Mixed you may barely taste it...JJ

Mustard is just the glue that holds the rub on. Ideally you like to see the rub get a wet look before you put the meat it in the smoker. So letting it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours wrapped in plastic wrap will do that. You can accomplish this with olive oil too. It just seems that mustard is the easiest way to keep the rub on, without changing the final taste. Maybe you should try a taste test. Use brown & yellow on one end of a rack of ribs & just yellow on the other. See if you can tell a difference.

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky