Multiple Briskets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

slp0100

Original poster
May 26, 2010
I am planning to smoke 4 pork butts and 3 briskets in my 2 master built smokers for my daughters graduation this weekend...do I have to adjust the cooking time for multiples?

I am planning to smoke 4 pork butts and 3 briskets in my 2 master built smokers for my daughters graduation this weekend...do I have to adjust the cooking time for multiples?
Always go for temp, not time.

To answer your question though, you'll probably have a longer smoke due to more meat in your rig, but it won't be that much longer as long as your smoker temp is steady.

Again, temp, not time.  If you don't have multiple thermometer probes, put your temp probe in the smallest piece of meat.

Remember that each piece of meat is different though.

Did I mention time not temp? 
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Also, stop by the roll call forum and introduce yourself.  Welcome to SMF!

Last edited:
Indy hit it right on the head. Go by time not temp.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
No just kidding you want to make sure you always go by temp and not worry about the time. Every cut of meat will cook differently so one might be done at 5 hours and another might be done at 10 hours. It all depends on the size, thickness and fat content. I like to probe as many cuts of meat as I have probes for so you can keep and eye on them. Your smoke may take a bit longer but once you get it up to temp and if it is stable it shouldn't be that much longer. Good luck and make sure you post lots of qview (pictures) of the smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky