MULE'S VENISON JERKY W/QVIEW AND RECIPE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have some deer steaks around 1/4 thick. Would they work to make jerky?
They won't work at all. Please freeze them. Pack them in a cooler with dry ice and send them to me first thing in the morning
rofl.gif

Ok bad mule
pb.gif
. Yes they will work. I would flatten them a little.

Happy smoken.

David

Good looking venison and makes the best jerky! The recipe sounds good too. Can't wait for hunting this year - We've got 2 mule deer tags, 2 cow elk tags, 2 bull elk tags and 2 antelope tags.
Thanks. how many of those tags do you Normally fill? White tail and wild hog is the only large game I hunt here. I need to get back into Bear hunting.

Happy smoken.

David

OK after 25 hour soak. It is time to start drying. I decided last night. That i would use my American Harvester dehydrator. So i added some liquid smoke to the brine. I was thinking about using my MES40. But didn't think i would have enough room on the racks.

I called MES last night and ask them to Over night  me a MES 120
BSmeter.gif
 . They don't make a MES 120. That was thrown in for the people who ask. SHOULD I GET A BIGGER SMOKER!

OK back on subject for a while. I am using 12 trays with the dehydrator. Which is what they say is max. I do have 2 more trays. That i have used in the past. With no problems.

Now for the QVIEW

Now the clock is ticking.

My normal batch is about 10 pounds. I haven't figured the square inches of this on my MES 40.

How large of a batch has anyone done in a MES 40 or 30? I need to make some shelf slides and then get some more shelf's and Q mats

Happy smoken.

More to come.

David
I would try the MES 80 !!!

Kidding aside---I never use my bottom shelf in my MES 40, because I feel it's too close to the heating element.

My shelf use selection in order would be #2----#1----#3.

Bear

David, morning..... If you vacuum seal, do you use the nepas trick ??   wrap in freezer / butcher paper so the dried beef doesn't poke holes in the vac bag....  cool trick.....    Dave

Looks Great, mule!!

I'd tell you to swing by here, but it sounds like your tour isn't going too well !!

Bear

Disco I got turned away at the border. No passport. I bribed the boarder patrol. After the ate all the jerky. They remembered I didn't have a passport
no_no.gif

David
You forgot they border people were Canadians. Give them a two four of beer and they'll let you into the parliament building.

Disco

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky