Mrs. Meowey found a Rack of Baby Backs in the Freezer

Discussion in 'Pork' started by meowey, Mar 18, 2007.

1. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Howdy Folks,

Mrs. Meowey was rummaging around in the freezer yesterday and pulled out a rack of baby backs frozen in a foodsaver bag. She licked her lips and wondered if I minded firing up the smoker one more time this weekend. She didn't need to ask twice.

I speed thawed them in running cold water (still in the foodsaver bag - gotta love foodsaver), rubbed them and let them sit overnignt in the fridge.

This morning we are having a heat wave - the ambient temp is 14F, as compared to 12F yesterday when I smoked a chuck roast to do Dutch's enchiladas. ( http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...?threadid=3739 ) Smoking with hickory and the GOSM settled in at about 230F. You take whatever the smoker gives you on a particular day. BTW - It's still snowing here.

Ribs and fatty ready for the smoker

[​IMG]

Will post more pics later.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

2. cajunsmoker

cajunsmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Think she was hiding them and holding out on ya[​IMG] Gonna be some good dinner tonight[​IMG]

3. meowey

Don't know! Either way you are right - good eats. They will probably be done about halfway through the NASCAR race. NASCAR and BBQ - who would have thought it!

Regards,

Meowey

4. illini

illini Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Have a 3 pack of cryovac ribs in the freezer now for three months....got to get moving on them.....bought at a good price but wondering if they have overstayed their welcome[​IMG]

How long was your rack in the freezer?

14* man it's time for wearing shorts[​IMG]

5. meowey

Marvin,

The date I wrote on the bag was October 9, 2006. Probably long enough, but they did not have any freezer burn. (Gotta love foodsaver!)

Regards,

Meowey

6. meowey

Ribs are ready for foil. The meat has pulled back from the end of the bone. About 2.5 hours.

[​IMG]

More later.

Regards,

Meowey

7. tonto1117

tonto1117 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Wow Meowey, your just a smoking fool this weekend......with all that smoking, you should at least be melting some of that snow..lol

Looks great!!!!

8. Meowey probably has a 4 foot bone dry bare circle around his smoker! [​IMG]

9. meowey

My back "porch" is a concrete slab with a metal roof over top. I'll post a pic with the final rib pic.

Take care, Have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

10. meowey

First of all - for Up in Smoke - a picture of the "smoking porch" - smoker in background. The house, snow bank, and cedar tree in far background make a good windbreak. (Note the snowblower in the foreground. It had already been used today and there is more snow) That's not smoke on the right side, it's snow blowing off the roof.

[​IMG]

Finished Ribs

[​IMG]

Plated with Spanish Rice

[​IMG]

Plate saved for Up in Smoke!!

[​IMG]

LOL! You folks are great!!

The sad thing is that it will be next weekend before I can fire up again.

BTW - It finally stopped snowing!! [​IMG]

Regards,

Meowey

11. bbq bubba

bbq bubba Master of the Pit OTBS Member

meowey, you've had a hell of a weekend.........congrats on all the great lookin grub!![​IMG]
    Illini, im sure those ribs will be no good, so i've decided to head on over and grab those so as to save on your garbage bill!!![​IMG]

12. bigal

bigal Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

OOOOOOOOOOO, those look good. I'd even settle for the bones. Dogs & I could lay in yard chew'n on them for hours since it's 71* here now.

Nice, Very nice!

13. Wat to go Meowey !!! yummy, I feel for ya bud, all that snow !!! yikes,,, i tended with ice all day yesterday,,, didn`t do half my d/w !!![​IMG]

14. tonto1117

LMHO.....now that's too funny!!!

Looks wonderfull Meowey, would that be a enchilada I eye spy on your plate??? Was gonna make them today but got into a lazy mode ...oh well, next weekend.

You all in that part of the country have really taken a wallop this year...you had more snow there then we have had in Michigan, and that's unusual. Glad to see it hasn't hindered your smoking.[​IMG]

15. meowey

Theresa,

That cheese covered mound is the Spanish Rice. The smaller mound stuck to the spoon and then fell onto the plate. LOL

Regards,

Meowey

16. vulcan75001

vulcan75001 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Meowey...
    Looks good... Glad your getting a break with that snow...[​IMG]

17. Looks like a puurrr-fect set-up ta me! [​IMG] Close to the kitchen door (that means you can tend your smoker in your underoos and bunny slippers!)…Oh, and thanx for the plate…it looks simply scrumptdiddlydoo! [​IMG] Uh oh, wrong plate…sigh!

18. meowey

I don't have bunnies but I do have Taz slippers.

Thanks.

Regards,

Meowey

19. tonto1117

Some Pic's of cat's smoking cigars......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. meowey

Thanks for the pics!!

Regards,

Meowey