Mrs Bear's Unstuffed Peppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Mrs Bear's Unstuffed Peppers

This is Mrs Bear's "Unstuffed Peppers".

It's all the things most people put in when they make Stuffed Peppers, but she cuts a bunch of peppers up, instead of stuffing them, and cooks it all together.

Just off the top of my head:
Ground Beef
Diced Tomatoes
Chopped up Sweet Peppers
Rice
Tomato Sauce
Seasonings

I add Hot Stuff to mine. She doesn't want her's hot.

Sorry---Nothing here is smoked, but I love it !!!
I put it on a dish if I'm in a hurry, or in a bowl if I plan on taking my time to eat it.

Bear

Cooking in a Big Frying Pan:
DSC03952.jpg

Close-up:
DSC03954.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Yummm....with as chilly as it has been this Summer here....would make a great warm and happy tummy!

Kat

Yummm....with as chilly as it has been this Summer here....would make a great warm and happy tummy!

Kat
Oh Yeah---This has to be the coolest Summer I can remember in PA---So Far Too.

Bear

Looks mouthwateringly good. I think I go with you though Bear - something like that needs a bit of heat in it 
icon_smile.gif

Bear

Looks GREAT! I'm about to have a bunch of peppers out of the garden.

I'll have to give it a try.

Happy smoken.

David
That looks fantastic! Isn't it great when peppers are around?
Thanks guys!!!

Mrs Bear gets a pack of Deerburger out of the freezer, and says, "Unstuffed Peppers, Chili, or you want some Burgers for the grill?"

Not an easy choice now that my taste buds are working properly---They all taste Great !!!
drool.gif

Bear

Yum, now smoke up some Chucks, pull them and use that instead of hamburger. 
banana_smiley.gif
Thanks Flash!!!

Pulled Beef from Chuckies would be Great, but they got so expensive in the last year or two. Around here they want nearly as much for Chuck Roast as they do for Standing Rib!!!

Bear

Looks like this would make a great filling for a burrito, or mixed in with hash browns and scrambled eggs, or in an omelette. Or mixed with queso fresca and stuffed in a poblano and fried, shepards pie filling, oh man!!!

Thanks Flash!!!

Pulled Beef from Chuckies would be Great, but they got so expensive in the last year or two. Around here they want nearly as much for Chuck Roast as they do for Standing Rib!!!

Bear
Boy you got that right. I try to stock up on them when I can find a good price. Thank God for those vacuum sealers.

Boy you got that right. I try to stock up on them when I can find a good price. Thank God for those vacuum sealers.
Yes vacuum sealers are essential when you make anything in volume. My external suction machine has recently given up the ghost after several years of faithful service. I pick up my new chamber vacuum packer today which I hope will last me a lot longer.

Yup--If they ever have a good price on Chuckies, I should get 8 or 10-----$3.99 & $4.49 is BS !!!

I always stock up on Standing Ribs & Ribeyes when it goes to $4.99.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky