Motivated!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 3, 2015
Alexandria, VA
I'm not the most confident with online forums, but have been reading different threads on this forum for a while. I decided to finally join a few weeks ago after I pulled off true low and slow on a large brisket and pork butt for a unit get together that was a big hit. A few years ago I screwed a couple of them up in a row and focused on direct or indirect only if other humans were going to eat what I was making. But, now I have the confidence and excitement to go at it again. I am military and and currently live in the Mojave desert. I use my old BBQ Chef classical offset smoker (modified based on one of your threads) and I have two classic Weber Grills I use for indirect when we are hosting a big crowd or I am doing tri-tip (California cut). My next attempt will be pork belly for making my own bacon. Thank you!

Welcome to SMF bauchjw!  Glad you are here and thank you for your service!

Glad you are learning lots and gaining the confidence to cook/smoke/grill for others.  In no time flat they'll be demanding your fare.  I often cook and smoke meat for neighbors, pot lucks, work functions, etc.  One absolute best compliments I ever received was from a neighbor.  One of her kids doesn't eat meat, except for my pulled pork!

Have fun! 

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from another hot, day in East Texas and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Thank you! Having a great time. I look forward threading about the buckboard bacon!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky