Mother's Day Prime rib on the WSM-$ shot

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
I have already done a couple of these Prime rib threads, so rather than bore you with the all the details I'll get right to the pics. Smoked this one in a pan. Smoker set at 210 & pulled it out at 120 IT, put a foil cover on the pan & set it on the counter until it hit 130 IT. Then sliced it. Had beef broth, onions, garlic, & Worsty sauce in the pan for au jus.

Enjoy!

8db33e0b_MothersDayP.Rib1.jpg

A little closer!

bb6ad777_MothersDayP.Rib2.jpg

Real close!

fdb72a9a_MothersDayP.Rib3.jpg

We had 2 nice slices for Mother's Day & have 2 more for tonight. I also have 2 more roasts in the freezer just waiting for that special occasion. Got them on sale at Easter time. Can't afford to buy them at the regular price. Anyhow thanks for looking & I hope all you Mother's had a very special Mother's Day yesterday!!!

Looks Great from here Al !!!!

How do you heat the other two slices up?

I like to chuck 'em on the grill (real hot) for a minute or two on each side.

Bear

Looks Great from here Al !!!!

How do you heat the other two slices up?

I like to chuck 'em on the grill (real hot) for a minute or two on each side.

Bear

That's a great idea Bear! I'm going to do that tonight. We usually just nuke them.

Looks great Al, and just the way you like it....raw <grin>......think I heard my monitor moo when this post popped up

Thanks Willie,

I,d have this every weekend if it didn't cost so much!

You know Judy, she likes it to get up out of the smoker on it's own. 

Last edited:
Thanks Willie,

I,d have this every weekend if it didn't cost so much!

You know Judy, she likes it to get up out of the smoker on it's own. 

You should try some of the FREE ones like I get !!!!  
ROTF.gif

I've been known to Nuke a leftover steak now & then too, especially in bad weather.

One of the good things about making PR rare, is you can reheat leftovers, without them losing the "pink" color.

Bear

You should try some of the FREE ones like I get !!!!  
ROTF.gif

I've been known to Nuke a leftover steak now & then too, especially in bad weather.

One of the good things about making PR rare, is you can reheat leftovers, without them losing the "pink" color.

Bear

If you were my buddy you'd pack up a couple of those free one's & send 'em down to FL.  
train.gif

Al, congrats on a great smoke and really great Q. Those pics show the value of your work. Thanks for sharing, and making me want some beef. Save the planet... it's the only one with Q.

You might not like the Prime Rib from PA.

The normal body temp of a steer from PA is 101.5˚F

Therefore that steer could be too well done for you, even while it is alive.

a37.gif

Bear

Thanks Johnny & Rich!

Bear your right 101 is about well done around here!

As you know I'm married to a vampire.

Scott I didn't know any better not to nuke them, tonight they're going on the grill.

Thanks Johnny & Rich!

Bear your right 101 is about well done around here!

As you know I'm married to a vampire.

Scott I didn't know any better not to nuke them, tonight they're going on the grill.
Remember Al---Get your grill real hot first---Then throw them on there just long enough to get the inside warmed & both outsides bubbling.

They've already been cooked once (slightly), so they could get too done pretty fast.  (LOL---"Too done"---such language!)

Bear

Thanks, Bear

That's the way we do our wings after we smoke them. The gas grill we have really gets hot, I'm getting hungry already!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky