Mother's Day, Daughter's B-Day Picnic Shoulder, QVIEW

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

caveman

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Okay....I get it twice on the same day. My daughter's B-day is May 9th. That always falls on or around Mother's day. So, I have to tend to a Birthday party & play Hubby slave man to Wifey. So much fun. This is a 9 lb. picnic shoulder I picked up from one of my local stores. The details are on the front.

I don't do cracklin, so I gave the fat / skin to my neighbor. I think I just made her X-mas list. Ready for the next day.

Just a shot of the 22.5 WSM. (I am so proud of my baby.)

Made up a batch of Dutch's beans. This was my first time finally trying them. I don't know why I waited so long.

Finished Shoulder. Smoked it at 230° with apple for 7 hours. Foiled it at 165° & pulled it at 180° as I am slicing, not pulling.

I totally ruined the cut job.

Threw together some slaw for an extra side dish & served dinner to my adult guests. The kids had dogs, chips & potato salad. I don't snap photo's of grill jobs anymore.......unless it is going to be smoked or smoked first. My smoking rule.

Of course, tonight is special, so it is lady's choice on the dessert. Left for daughter, right for wifey. Hope you all had good Hubby slave Mother's day / Daughter B-day combos as well.

Nice looking meal, Caveman! The smoke ring on the pork was nice and thick, the ice cream was a perfect ending. Great work!

Yes thats a great looking meal there caveman. I really like that you sliced it too. Our kids looked at it funny that first time I smoked a huge fresh ham. They looked at it and said this ain't ham it gray and ham is pink. Then beening the wife man slave sometimes isn't that bad.........

Lookin' good, brother! I haven't tried a sliced picnic from the smoke yet, as I've pulled all of mine. The picnic hams my wife has roasted weren't an easy slice either...it takes a bit to find the grain of the meat so you can roll with it.

Great meal though!

Eric

Wonderful feast Caveman.. Love the looks of the icecream too.
biggrin.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Looking good, the beans look great and the HAM wow...
Hay hot dog have a place also you could have thrown them in the smoker for 1/2 hr. better flavor and taste.
Great ICE CREAM chooses

16 # bag of coleslaw mix
2 Tablespoons diced onion
2/3 cup creamy salad dressing
3 TBL vergetable Oil
1/2 Cup White Sugar

Enjoy!!

Thank you. Wifey enjoyed it so much. (Is this due to you?) Happy belated Mother's day!!

Much appreciation Sir. It was tough trying to cut that beast at the end of an extremely long day. (Wifey got breakfast in bed. Blueberry pancakes, Jimmy dean sausage, eggs over easy, toast & OJ.) She was in heaven.

Thank you Jeanie. From your feasts, I can only move up!
biggrin.gif
Anthony.

You know Paul, I don't think those kids cared whether them dogs were smoked, boiled, baked or fried. Lately, I have been smoking for the appreciation of those who will appreciate the smoke. Some small hungry children don't count.
tongue.gif
They just eat it up!! Thanks for your comments.

I am so delirious right now. I am answering these posts out of order. That special day was all theirs. I just participated. LOL. Thanks man.

Yeah...it had been smoking for 7 hours & time was short. I didn't want to have to finish in the oven as this was my daughter's request for dinner, hence the slicing. It was a interesting piece of meat to work with for sure. Thank you for your comments.

That looks great, Caveman! I got stuffed just looking at the plate.
biggrin.gif

You know, men have gone through the first part of their lives not caring about anything but their own survival & happiness. Now, we are going to spend the rest of our lives making sure the special women in our lives are comfortable & happy. Go figure! LMBO!! Thank you for the comments. (I have to try that Brownie Ice Cream soon before it dis-appears.)

Thank you Treegje. My first one almost done right. (I am a harsh critic when it comes to my food skills.) I am going to try to nail that next one.

Thank you Bassman. I don't know about anyone else but I love showing the plate shot. I probably have some people saying to themselves, "Why does he do that?." It just looks good to me & I thought I should share. It makes me feel good to know that my plans are working. (Evil Grin) Virtual stuffing on the internet. Next, THE WORLD!!!!!!!
icon_mrgreen.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky