More smoke in the Maryland sky.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rdevous

Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
The Free State.
I am new to smoking. I have been DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOLING all over my keyboard for about a week reading this and several other smoking forums. My Original Bradley Smoker is being delivered tomorrow according to FedEx tracking. If you had asked me a week ago if I had ever "rolled a fattie?"....you would have gotten a different answer.
rolleyes.gif
I'm also glad I wasn't on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? last week and had to answer "What is the meaning of the abbreviation ABT?" to win the million.
huh.gif

Let see...I'm 61, living in Maryland just outside of DC, a loyal as a Rottweiler friend, Bartender/Event Manager, 4th Degree Knights of Columbus, major foodie...especially pork BBQ, Nam Vet and a guy who feels that if he can crack someone up...it's a Good Day!

Ray

Welcome to SMF rdevous! Hope you enjoy your stay.

Thank you for your service to our country!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Welcome, Glad to have you with us. This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

Be sure to check out Jeff's 5Day Smoking Basics eCourse, you can find it here it's "FREE"...5 Day e Course

Everyone here enjoys seeing the qview so be sure to post plenty of pics.

Well, glad to know another fun loving person has joined the SMF. Congrats on the new Bradley. It's all good my friend.

First off welcome ray to SMF. You'll like it here cause there are alot of good people here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. I think you might want to check out the E-course it's free and very informative and I wil teach you the basic how tos and whys about smoking.Next you want to go get soemthing to smoke and if you should have any questions feel free to ask and someone here will asnwer it for you. Then we can talk about Qview (picture) to most you have to learn how to post the Q so we can see what your smoking with and the meat your smoking. So go get a hunk of something and get smoking.
Welcome To The Addiction.

Ray welcome to SMF. Congrats on the new smoker. You'll find lots of good info and some great recipes here. Have fun and happy smoking

Welcome from severna park.Great Forum.
Great to have some more Maryland-D.C. Metro-Baltyimore Metro etc etc. folks here.ENJOY...

Welcome to SMF. Glad to have you. Im a former MD resident myself.

Welcome to the forums, Ray. Congrats on the new smoker. Hang out here and soon you'll be smoking like a pro.

My Bradley Original Smoker is HERE!!!!!!! Thank you FedEx deliveryman....
smiley.gif
Now waiting for package 2/2 shipped via our lustrous Postal Service. It has the Hickory Pucks and Cookbook - Vol 1. Bubba Pucks ordered from Y&P......hurry USPS get that check to Bryan! Today's mail just came and no package 2/2. Is it Monday yet??

I see a trip tomorrow to the Bass Pro store in Balmer, Hon.

Ray

Congrats Ray, now it has to be even worse waiting on the rest of your stuff.
At least you're only a matter of days away from smoking up some goodness in the new smoker.

Welcome to the TBS at SMF Ray... If it doesn't have the flavor of smoke, then ya might be eating the GRIT!
icon_wink.gif

Glad the smoker got there, to bad about the pucks... Don't blame the delivery service, blame how the sender shipped it, probably parcel post, that can take forever, lol

So glad you found us here and I do KNOW you will enjoy it, speaking from experience even the beans here are great, you need to try them.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Now I am curious, if you are doing the smokin, who is doing the bartending? Can you imagine the party we will have ifn we ever have a sand carving get together? Lots of good eats while throwing the grit!

Matt
aka Rocky

Well Ray, Did package #2 show up yet... I can't believe they shipped with 2 different carriers...

The Bradley was ship FedEx and the Cookbook - vol-1 and Hickory Bisquettes were shipped USPS..all packages have arrived. The Bubba Pucks from Yard and Pool were delivereed so fast...Bryan must of thought they were hockey pucks and slapshot them!!! Amazon came through with the cover!!! Brined then smoked some 16/20 shrimp and sea scallops with apple wood Bisquettes for 30 minutes at 220 degrees then cut them and added them to some Bertolli Alfredo sauce over linguine pasta....it was good....but the second night the smoke flavor had permeated the sauce and then it was awesome!!! Try it...you'll like it!!!
IF you are on the fence thinking about a Bradley Smoker...DO IT!!! I love my smoker and you will too!!!

Ray

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky