More Sausage made over Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by builder59, Dec 27, 2009.

1. builder59

builder59 Smoke Blower

This is a recipe that I came up with over the years. It is basically a polish sausage recipe that tastes amazingly like Kowalski's Hunters sticks. Which I spent several pounds of pork and venision trying to duplicate.

For this recipe I used a mix of 20 pounds of pork and 5 pounds venison. We made a total of 70 pounds. The larger casings were an experiment to make a lunch meat in the north called football loaf. It is similar to Cotta Salami is guess. Very mild and light in color. It turned out great and went well with rye bread and with caraway seed.. I'll post the spice block after I get back in tonight from the back. I have two deer to process now.

This is my younger brother Bob. He ties these things like a pro. Someone has to have that job, and as long as I give him props,, he's good for another couple hundred pounds. LOL!

2. mulepackin

mulepackin Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks fantastic so far. Keep the pics coming!

3. danmcg

danmcg Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

looks real good from here. What size casing are ya using?

4. Nice set up and nice looking sausage!

5. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Sausage Looks Great...

6. bbq engineer

bbq engineer Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

WOW! Keep the pics coming!

7. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Man you have quite the set up there. You have better for thats a lot of sausage you are making too. I cann't wait for the finished product. all I could wish for some was headed my way. Thats stuff looks yummy too.[​IMG]

8. builder59

builder59 Smoke Blower

size 18 sheep casing. Mb I have some going by jeep to Jacksonville now. Actually I met my uncle at the highway the 26th on his way down. I hunt his farm and gave him some for letting my hunt there. Too bad or I surely would have tried to get you two hooked up. Maybe next year.

Thanks for the kind words.

Ron

9. nickelmore

nickelmore Smoking Fanatic

Your posts all look great, what size tube are you using off of that stuffer?

10. bb53chevpro

bb53chevpro Master of the Pit OTBS Member

looking good

11. builder59

builder59 Smoke Blower

Your posts all look great, what size tube are you using off of that stuffer?

I'm using a small horn. The casing size was sheep 18

12. bigtrain74

bigtrain74 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That is a thing of beauty!!! Nice lookin' sausage!