• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Mop Sauce

lovetosmoke

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 30, 2006
I am looking for a good Mop Sauce to use. Does anyone have any they would like to share. I am not having luck finding one that I like. I have not tried any from SMF. I am not having much luck finding them.

cajunsmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 21, 2006
It depends on what you are mopping. Different meats require different mops/marinades/sprays......Lots of rules on mops, no vinegar on beef, lots of vinegar on pork, chicken should be sweet
. If you get right to it, it's a personal choice thing

tonto1117

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 25, 2007
Here is a link to a marinade/mop sauce that Tulsa Jeff uses on brisket's:

http://www.smoking-meat.com/brisket-smoke.html

On ribs and butts I like to use a mixture of apple juice, jack daniels and EVOO(extra vigin olive oil) in a spray bottle.

I have a mop sauce that I use for brisket's but it has a very small amount of apple cider vinegar in it
and seems to be a bit contraversal, but it works for me. Let me know if you would like it.

goat

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 27, 2005
Sometimes I use 1/3 olive oil, 1/3 Worcestershire, and 1/3 lemon juice. When doing this, I like to add some of the rub that I put on the meat to begin with. You can always add a little dark beer or light beer or any beer. Someone said "beer goes well with everything from heart aches to hot dogs".

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.