Mop Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lovetosmoke

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 30, 2006
Strang, Nebraska
I am looking for a good Mop Sauce to use. Does anyone have any they would like to share. I am not having luck finding one that I like. I have not tried any from SMF. I am not having much luck finding them.

It depends on what you are mopping. Different meats require different mops/marinades/sprays......Lots of rules on mops, no vinegar on beef, lots of vinegar on pork, chicken should be sweet
icon_rolleyes.gif
. If you get right to it, it's a personal choice thing
icon_razz.gif

Here is a link to a marinade/mop sauce that Tulsa Jeff uses on brisket's:

http://www.smoking-meat.com/brisket-smoke.html

On ribs and butts I like to use a mixture of apple juice, jack daniels and EVOO(extra vigin olive oil) in a spray bottle.

I have a mop sauce that I use for brisket's but it has a very small amount of apple cider vinegar in it
icon_eek.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif
icon_eek.gif
and seems to be a bit contraversal, but it works for me. Let me know if you would like it.

Sometimes I use 1/3 olive oil, 1/3 Worcestershire, and 1/3 lemon juice. When doing this, I like to add some of the rub that I put on the meat to begin with. You can always add a little dark beer or light beer or any beer. Someone said "beer goes well with everything from heart aches to hot dogs".

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky