Montana smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

big sky trapper

Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
where else MONTANA
Hello all, This is us...and Ive played around with a lil' chief tiny smoker for years thought this weekend it was time to start getting serious with the sausages and smoked meats (mostly wild critters as we dont each much that comes from the store itself anymore, prefer to catch it or grow it ourselves)

Im retired USAF and spend most of my time running a 300 mile a day trap line for everything from yotes to beaver, mink muskrats,badgers, coons, fisher, martin, bobcats, ermine, and even skunks.

Right now its hunting season for us, and were chasing deer, elk, and antelope. The elk were going after a little later in the season, I have tons of pics about us on my own web page. (www.outtasightcustomcamo.net) everything from huntin' trucks to dutch oven cooking for the kids...

This is the smoker I built this weekend to start with its still in its expermintal stages trying to get the heat to adj "just right"

Looking around this site looks to be pretty good....

Welcome to the SMF Family
icon_exclaim.gif

Quite the smoker there hope all goes well with it
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

If you have any questions be sure to ask, We love questions here
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

Im retired USAF and spend most of my time running a 300 mile a day trap line for everything from yotes to beaver, mink muskrats,badgers, coons, fisher, martin, bobcats, ermine, and even skunks.

Howdy and welcome to SMF. I am in NW MT. If your runnin a 300 mile a day trap line, you musta kept one of those air force jets when you came home.
icon_biggrin.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
You sure got more ambition than I do.
icon_wink.gif
Anyway, glad to see another Montana boy here. Terry

Welcome Trapper -

Nice smoker you built there. Looks like you need something bigger with all that meat! Let us know how it works for you.

Welcome to the forum. We're glad you're here! That's a right handsome smoker ya got there!

P.S. Thank you for your service to this country.

Big Sky Trapper
Man oh man, you are living my dream and before I go off here I do want to say, "Welcome to SMF" !!!

Do you paint rifles for a living? If so, I will send customers your way.

I think you, BigArm's smokin and I (others invited also) need to get together for a smoke/hunt/drink !!!

A coyote blind? Ihave thought of it but never tried it. I am into coyote calling (not very good at it yet) and use both hand calls and an electronic call I made with a very large insulated coffe mug, a Radio Shack amplifier, an external outdoor speaker and an MP3 player.

Thanks all, I have a few deer roast (4-5 pounds each that should go in this afternoon, be ready Im hoping for supper tommorrow.) That should give me a good idea of how Ive got my baffling and temp controls worked out.

The trap line isnt that bad to manage its the putting up the fur thats starting to catch up...thank goodness for lots of freezer space and slow trap check days.

Welcome Big Sky Trapper, people here are very helpful and love to share their knowledge.

Hi there, and glad to see you're in good company here at the SMF. I like your smoker, I always admire someone with wooworking skills.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky