Molasses Questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I like the unsulphured blackstrap molasses it has 11 g of sugar per serving and a whopping 600 mg of potassium, versus another brand I have on hand that's Golding Farms molasses it has 15 g of sugar per serving and 130 mg of potassium. The blackstrap is better IMO. I also use boiled cider, which I love! It has no sugar added and is apple cider evaporated down into a syrup. Great on pork.

I like to use "homemade" molasses. You can usually find them at farmers markets or local Amish communities, but I don't have a clue about the sugar content.

If you can find it get a can or bottle of cane syrup. steens is the most known brand

it's darklike molasses but i thinkit taste better.

Oh man, I love cane syrup. Being down here in the south we can get it straight from the plantations. That is gooooood stuff. Very, very sweet though. If you want a good sugar buzz just eat a spoonful of cane syrup!

I just picked up a quart of good fresh molasses Thursday. I wonder if you could get them to flow through an IV needle?
icon_cool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky