moink question

Discussion in 'Pork' started by njsmoker83, Apr 23, 2010.

1. making some moinks tonight in my ECB. got everything all set just not sure what temp to get the moinks to when i pull them. any help is appreciated. going to use 3 meat combo

2. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Since moink is mainly gound meat, take them to 165° internal- they might go higher than that if you want the bacon crispy.

3. great. that sounds good. prob going to smoke at 225-250. might let it go to 170 then to crisp it up. or i can just throw it on grill for last 10 minutes.

4. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

At 250° should take you about 1 1/2-2 hours.

To change it up a bit, I have a friend that wraps the ground meat around a slice of water chestnut and then wraps with bacon-I don't like them that way but he does.

I'll take and dice up some jalapeno peppers and red onion and add to the meat for moink balls-kind of a deconstructed ABT.

5. im going to put piece of mozzarella cheese in the middle i think or jack cheese but water chest sounds good too