Models of Early Oklahoma Joe's Cookers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jerrycan

Original poster
May 29, 2024
I lucked into an original Oklahoma Joe's offset cooker this past weekend and have been doing a little research since then. Does anyone know if the company branded its products with model names in the early days, or were they marketed basically by style and size? I'd love to look at an old catalogue or promo material to match my model, but I can't find anything of the like. A couple pictures are attached for visual reference. I'd appreciate any tips from experienced eyes out there.
IMG_2244.JPG
IMG_2245.JPG

Greetings and welcome aboard.
Maybe contacting the company and send them a picture would help.
I would think they would have records of all their smokers.

I lucked into an original Oklahoma Joe's offset cooker this past weekend and have been doing a little research since then. Does anyone know if the company branded its products with model names in the early days, or were they marketed basically by style and size? I'd love to look at an old catalogue or promo material to match my model, but I can't find anything of the like. A couple pictures are attached for visual reference. I'd appreciate any tips from experienced eyes out there. View attachment 697978View attachment 697979
That is a Tailgator model, either a 12"or 14". Based off of the badge #, it was manufactured in late 1990 or early 1991. There were several different models available, based off of length of firebox, cook chamber and overall design. Most models were available in 14, 16 and 20 inch diameters. Custom builds/orders could vary beyond standard sizes. I believe the Tailgator was the only model offered in a 12", but I could be mistaken.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky